Help Center Blog Open An Account

Optimus Flow - Market Data Connection Closed

I am trying a demo of Optimus Flow but cannot login because Market Data connection closed message.

What do I do?

1 Like

Hello @Gnashdy,

Thanks for your question!

The Market Data Connect Closed message can be the result of multiple issues. Please see below for the list of common reasons why you may experience this error message:

1. The market is closed - If Rithmic is not receiving data, you may not be able to connect (this will only be during the market is closed, primarily on the weekends). This typically only happens if you open the platform while the market is closed. If you open the platform while the market is still open and leave the platform open during the close, you should still be able to access your data.
  1. Wrong username or password - This is usually the most common reason why you would receive this message. Please keep in mind all Rithmic usernames and passwords are Case Sensitive, meaning that capitalization will have an effect on your login. For example, if you register your demo username is Optimus123@gmail.com and enter your login as optimus123@gmail.com, the Capital O will break the entire login. Please make sure you follow the same capitalization structure as your demo signup.

2. Connecting to the wrong server - Many times users with live accounts attempt to connect to DEMO for additional practice. Please keep in mind if you are provided with a live account through Optimus, this account can only connect to REAL. Demo accounts can only connect to DEMO.

If you need additional practice or simulation after going live, please consider subscribing to the Professional package or higher in order to gain access to the Simulation feature on Optimus Flow.

Those are the three primary reasons you may not be able to connect to Optimus Flow via Rithmic and why you may receive the market data connection closed message! If you look over your login and still have issues feel free to follow up for further assistance!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

I’m also having this problem right now. can you assist me? I’m pretty sure my account info and password is correct.

Hi @thelizardofdoom,

Thanks for letting us know.

If you don’t mind me asking, are you logging in with a demo account or a live account?

If it was a demo account, was it obtained through our site? If so, we can help with any login issues you may be having.

Please let us know!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support