Switching between Live and Sim on RIthmic R Trader

I am demoing Rtrader and had a question how to switch between Live and SIM
Can i just change the account on the order book to trade Live and then switch to SIM
I guess that depends IF a default paper trading account is provided
So you login to the live account and then switch in the order book to the SIM

(or)

Can you login separately to Live and SIM and have 2 instances running at the same time
Key question are you given the Rithmic Paper Trading free for every live brokerage account?

Hello @jokertrader!

Welcome back to the community forum.

R Trader does not allow you to switch between live and sim within the platform. Rithmic actually uses two entirely different servers for their live and demo (paper trading) users, so you will need to establish which one you’d like to use on the initial login.

You can see the server differences below, demo or paper trading users must select the paper trading server when first logging in, while live users must select Rithmic 01:

As far as I know, yes, you can login to multiple instances of R Trader as long as they are different accounts! If you attempt to login with the same username you will automatically be kicked out. That being said, all of our live Rithmic users are eligible for a free Rithmic paper trading account upon request. So if you login with your live account on one instance and the paper trading account on the other one, you shouldn’t encounter any issues!

Thanks for your questions and let me know if you have anything else to ask about this topic!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

Happy New Year! Had a follow up question for RTrader SIM.
Can you trade the 2 year, 5 year, 10 year and the 30 year bonds (in CQG you cannot SIM trade all)
Also can you trade the ICS spreads like the 2 vs 10, 2vs 5s etc. I am specifically looking at the TUT, TFY, FYT, NOB and BOB

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @jokertrader,

Happy New Year and thanks for following up!

The answer to the majority of your questions is yes, everything you are looking for should be available in terms of analyzing and receiving data. You should be able to place SIM trades for the 2, 5, 10, and 30-year bonds with a Rithmic Paper Trading account!

From what I can tell, you can receive data for the ICS Spreads, but you cannot actually place orders for them though. Orders immediately fail or are rejected upon attempting to place orders for ICS spreads.

In order to view data for the ICS spreads, I suggest using the Add Symbol window accessed by double-clicking within the symbol field of the Order Book in order to find these contracts.

As shown in the image below, expand the CBOT instrument tree and then expand the All Products tree as well:

You may need to scroll down a bit to find ICS spreads such as the TUT, TFY, FYT, etc. Keep in mind everything is in alphabetical order by default:

Let me know if this was along the lines you were looking for! If anything was unclear, incorrect, or you have further questions don’t hesitate to reach out and we will gladly assist you!

Thanks for your question,
Jake

1 Like

Thanks… I would appreciate if you could find out IF the ICS spreads can be traded live and what can be done to practice in SIM - much thanks

1 Like

Hi @jokertrader,

According to Rithmic: “Depending on the spread, they might be tradeable in Rithmic Paper Trading. They certainly do work in Live.”

I tried quite a few different ICS spreads and many of them failed immediately upon entry order as you can see based on my recent order section in the screenshot below. The only ones that worked are highlighted blue:

That being said, I can confirm that some ICS spreads work. Many of the ones you mentioned above did not, but as you can see I placed an order for the 10-yr Note future vs Ultra T-Bond Future ICS without failure as shown below:

I would suggest sorting through the various ICS spreads that are offered on Rithmic and practice with the ones that are available to you! When it comes to trading live, we can definitely support you for these types of spreads!

Let me know if you have any other questions related to this topic!
Thanks,
Jake

2 Likes