What is holding you back as a trader? Let's fix bad habits, leverage the good. What traits do you want to have?

My biggest weakness is feeling insecure and second-guessing myself, which sometimes leads to procrastination and less-than-ideal productivity. Making plans and tracking and analysing past results helps with this somewhat.

3 Likes

Well to be honest on GOOD DAYS my habit I need to change is over trading. I love it so much sometimes its hard to say “Okay, that’s it I’m done.” I just want to keep going but those commission and fees really stack up fast. Pretty easy to do this on the bad days tho!

1 Like

The bad habits that hold me back as a trader are common in all retail traders - we hold on too long to losing trades and cut winners too short. This leads to -ve expectancy, FOMO trades, and wreaks havoc on your trading mentality.

Positive habits I want to foster and develop further is discipline in following my trading plan and patience to allow my thesis to either be validated/invalidated by the market price action. This will reinforce consistent trading behaviors and will enable me to trade in any type of market environment.

1 Like

This is a good point, deviating from one’s trading plan is generally not a good idea, and people often do it for emotional and impulsive reasons. This makes it hard to become consistent and evaluate how well your strategies are working.

1 Like