5 Mistakes Ruining Your Futures Trading Performance Before You Start The Day

Originally published at: https://optimusfutures.com/tradeblog/archives/futures-trading-performance/%20

This article on futures trading performance and trading losses is the opinion of Optimus Futures. Tens of millions of futures and options contracts trade daily on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. And the numbers seem to climb every year. Why? First off, the leverage traders receive in the futures market provides them with capital efficiency for both speculation and hedging. For example, one futures contract in crude oil leverages 1,000 42-gallon barrels. Every +/- $1 move is equivalent to +/- $1,000. In other words, if a trader buys one futures contract and crude oil rises $1 above their entry, the trader…

2 Likes

This is a great post, I agree with it totally! I especially like how you highlighted the importance of taking care of one’s health. Nowadays so many of us are too focused on our productivity and forget that we can’t do our best if our physical or mental health is neglected - I tend to make that mistake myself sometimes.

1 Like