Altering a chart and saving as existing template, but still have to choose and can overwrite another chart /template

When I open a chart via template and I made some changes to the chart and I want to save the chart I can choose " replace existing" but then get a scroll down screen with all my existing templates. If I am not aware or just click to fast I can easily overwrite another template.

The platform should show me only the template which I opened so I cannot overwrite another template.

1 Like

Hello @RoForex,

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Optimus community forum!

We will take your suggestion into consideration and pass this along to our developers for a potential change in the future.

At this time, you are correct, replacing and overwriting a save of an existing template shows all templates made on the platform - not just your current chart. In the meantime, until we add a solution for this, I would ask you to take your time when saving templates and keep this in mind to avoid any potential misclicks.

If you overwrite a template, you can always use our BaM - backup manager feature, to restore the platform to a previous save point to retrieve your old templates in case of emergency.

Thank you again for your feedback!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Dear Jake,

Thanks for replying, I first thought I was doing something wrong or forgot a setting.

Hope there will be something in future to avoid overwriting a current template with the name of another template.

RoForex

1 Like

By the way are there other users who noticed this as well?

1 Like

Hi @RoForex,

If we have any updates to this feature in the future we will follow up on this thread to notify you that it has been changed.

You are actually the first user that I am aware of who has notified us of this behavior.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Dear Jake,

Thanks again for replying and I am looking forward to the software change of saving an existing template after making notes.

Best regards,

RoForex