Backtest & Optimize (Beta) not working

Hello,

I wanted to try the default strategy, but it never starts executing the strategy, it remains in that state that I leave attached in the image, is there any way to solve it?
I am using OptimusFlow version v1.130.3

Hi,

Hello, I attach what the platform logs show, maybe it can give a better clue.

Error message:

6/27/2023 11:44:29 AM Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.Connection.Connect() at 캎.캎칠.칤()

6/27/2023 11:44:14 AM Exception Nothing to restore at 캎.캎츲.칤() at 캎.캎캃.칤(StrategyInfo )

6/27/2023 11:44:08 AM Exception Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions) at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters) at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.IndicatorInfo.Initialize(String relativePath, String assemblyName) at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.ScriptInfo…ctor(ConstructorInfo ctor, ScriptCreationType scriptCreationType, String relativePath, String assemblyName)

6/27/2023 11:44:06 AM Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at 캎.캎층.칧(BacktestingEnvironment , StrategyInfo ) at 캎.캎층.칤(BacktestingEnvironment , StrategyInfo ) at BacktestOptimizePanel.BacktestOptimizePanel.칤(ViewController ) at TradingPlatform.PresentationLayer.Plugins.ViewControllers.ViewController.OnValueChanged(ViewController controller)

6/27/2023 11:43:59 AM Exception Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Collections, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’. The system cannot find the file specified. at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(QCallAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes() at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.AssemblyLoader.칤(String , Type , Boolean , Boolean )

6/27/2023 11:15:41 AM Exception Assembly with same name is already loaded at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly) at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromAssemblyPath(String assemblyPath) at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile) at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.AssemblyLoader.칤(String , Type , Boolean , Boolean )

6/27/2023 11:15:17 AM Exception Serializer: fail to restore item. Specified cast is not valid. at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.SettingItem.set_Value(Object value) at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.SettingItem.ValueFromXElement(XElement element, DeserializationInfo deserializationInfo) at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.SettingItem.FromXElement(XElement element, DeserializationInfo deserializationInfo) at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.Serialization.Serializer.DeserializeNode(XElement node, DeserializationInfo info)

6/27/2023 11:15:16 AM Exception Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Collections, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’. The system cannot find the file specified. at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes() at System.Reflection.Assembly.get_ExportedTypes() at TradingPlatform.BusinessLayer.AssemblyLoader.칤(String , Type , Boolean , Boolean )

6/27/2023 12:00:51 AM Exception Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal. at System.Number.ThrowOverflowException(TypeCode type) at System.Decimal.DecCalc.VarDecFromR8(Double input, DecCalc& result) at TradingPlatform.PresentationLayer.Renderers.Chart.ChartPriceScaleRenderer.Draw(Graphics gr, ChartWindow window, ChartWindowsContainerBase windowsContainer, Object advParams)

Hi @fermilans,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Optimus community forum!

I wanted to let you know that we sent this to our developers for feedback and assistance. As soon as we know more about this issue we will follow up on this post.

As a follow-up question, have you tried testing any other strategies with the backtest feature? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

Hi @Mod-JakeM,

Yes, I have tried with the default strategy that comes with the application “Simple MA Cross strategy”, I have also tried creating a default strategy in VS Community 2022 (verify that the path and the socket port are ok),

I did not make any changes and just run the strategy, but it does not work either.

From the Quantower application, with a demo, it does work, I don’t know if it is because of the version of the OptimusFlow application (1.130.3) that is lagging behind the Quantower application (1.133.5), but using the same tests, that is, running the “Simple MA Cross strategy”, and one created from visual studio, they run without problem.