Best Futures To Trade On The West Coast Starting Late Afternoon

Good afternoon - Soon I will start trading futures M-F starting at 5:00 PM to about 9:00 PM Pacific time. Could someone recommend some futures that would be good to trade during this time? Thank you - Ken

1 Like

Check out the trading hours at the CME. You’ll see that for at least one of those hours (8pm to 9pm PCT) you are interested in, the markets are closed, and in the prior hour a number of markets are only partially open. 7pm PCT is the close of the stock market. Of the hours you are interested in, 5pm to 7pm would be the best time and the stock indices would be a logical place to focus given the timing of the stock market close.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate your input. Ken

In addition to @simtrader great input, I would like to mention two more contracts you may consider. I mentioned both in PST hours for your convenience.

One is the Mini DAX (Eurex) which open at 11 PM PST and closes the next day at 1 PM PST the next day. The additional contract could be Mini Nikkei 225 Index (SGX) which begins at 3:30 PM and closes at 10:25 PM. After hours are 10:55 AM to 12:45 PM the next day.

Both the Eurex and SGX do have their own data charges.
I hope this helps you further, but I would say that you have a challenge with your Futures trading hours. I would recommend to choose one contract and focus on it.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures Support

Thank Matt. I appreciate your input. I’ll take your advice and focus on one contract and learn it well.

1 Like

Focus on building a method and discipline around that instrument.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures Support

I certainly will, thanks Matt.

1 Like