Can I connect two futures trading platforms at the same time?

Hi,

Can I use two platforms, say Sierra Chart and TT, at the same time, routing orders for the same futures account?

To be specific I want to use TT for options trading, and SC for other purposes.

Thank you.

@asynctrader

This is entirely dependent on what data feed you are running.

I’ve just reached out to TT and unfortunately, this is not a capability of the TT data feed. You can use both platforms simultaneously, but once the data feed is logged in at two different locations or platforms, it will kick one platform off of the data.

There are data feeds and platforms that do support this configuration though. For example, users of Rithmic data have the ability to log on to multiple platforms at the same using the same data feed credentials simultaneously.

Users of CQG also have similar capabilities. CQG users can purchase an additional data feed login connected to the same live trading account, allowing them to log into two separate platforms with two separate data feed logins all under one unified live trading account.

Let me know if you need further clarification on this topic.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support
(800) 771-6748

Thank you Jake. Let me clarify. I have no problem about data feed as my SC is connecting to SC’s exchange data feed (barchart) and TT’s feed would be its own. My question is more about trading or order routing. AFAIK, TT has its own routing and my SC is routing via CTS now. If I send orders on SC via CTS, would I still be able to trade on the TT’s web platform at the same time for the same broker account? In other words, can I have two order routing services (1. TT, 2. CTS or CQG or Rithmic) binding to the same broker account?

I’m asking this because SC is not good for options trading. TT would be a good supplement.

1 Like

Update:
As far as we know Sierrachart is developing connectivity to New TT, but it is in a test mode and details are being finalized. In Essence, you can extend the API of a data feed to multiple platforms just as @Mod-JakeM has mentioned.

However, let me be very specific since you mentioned Options. Since Options trading requires a very specific SPAN, and day trading Futures have their own, you should not mix the two as this could potentially create margin limitations. If you are a periodic options trader, it would be ok. However, if you are a frequent Options trader, I suggest managing both on a separate account.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

The same account number could not be connected through two different APIs, that is two separate data feeds.
Each data feed has its own risk and margin analysis, and they can not “talk” to one another.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

The same account number could not be connected through two different APIs, that is two separate data feeds. Each data feed has its own risk and margin analysis, and they can not “talk” to one another.

Thanks Matt. Once SC implemented TT connectivity and I switched from CTS to TT trading service in SC, do you think I could use SC and TT web platform for the same account?

1 Like

No I’m not an active options trader.

1 Like

You are welcome. The answer to your questions is Yes.
Theoretically once the New TT is fully implemented then you can switch from your current connection.
We always suggest testing the new connectivity to make sure all trades go through smoothly.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Great! Would Optimus offer a discounted package similar to the current SC+CTS $60 package? :wink:

1 Like

Since we do not know how the new TT will be implemented, or it’s pricing, we can not comment on how it will be priced by Optimus Futures. However, we always do our best to provide a trader friendly commissions structure.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.