CME Bitcoin Futures

CME has announced that they will start trading futures contracts on the cryptocurrency of Bitcoin.

CME Announcement:
the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today announced it intends to launch bitcoin futures in the fourth quarter of 2017, pending all relevant regulatory review periods.
CME Group Announces Launch of Bitcoin Futures

CME Bitcoin Futures Contract Specifications…coming soon.

Thank you,
Optimus Futures
Discount Commodity Futures Broker | Optimus Futures | Trade Futures Online

Hi MattZ,

I am using AMP futures through you. I am subscribed to CME market data but do not see BTC. do we need to request access from you or AMP to add it manually?

eb

Hello Eb,

Please drop an email to support@optimusfutures.com with your account number and the BTC request.
We will enable the quotes. However, at this point, AMP Clearing did not enable trading.

Thanks,
Optimus Futures
Discount Commodity Futures Broker | Optimus Futures | Trade Futures Online

Hi Optimus Team,

I received Matthew Zimberg’s reply that it has been enabled on my optimus account. However, I do not see it in my Sierra Charts “Find Symbol” menu.

My setup is Sierra Chart + Rithmic. I have asked Rithmic, as my mail must have fell through your cracks for a week now. Thieir reply was that it is provided in their CME package & can be viewed with their inhouse R|Trader. I am using SC.

Please advice if this is an SC technical issue of enabling BTC as a new symbol OR an AMP side issue, where they are blocking BTC quotes from my AMP-Rithmic connection

Thank you

In order to see the symbol in SC, they should have the symbol available,
We will reach out to them and see if they have added it. Theoretically, you should see it if Rithmic has added it.
Our suggestion is to view the quotes in R-Trader if have the platform.

This is not a Rithmic-AMP connection.

Thanks for your info MattZ!

Hi, I am happy to know this. I will subscribe to CME market data and hope to get details from this. I may now have a way to try my hand at CME Group’s bitcoin futures market without any risk.

There is a risk of trading in Bitcoin futures like all financial instruments. If you just need the data we suggest trying companies like DTN IQ that provide data only.