CQG Desktop is it possible to add price lines in the chart

CQG Desktop is it possible to add price lines in the chart. I want to add custom price lines in the chart.

1 Like

@fremontca

Thanks for your question!

What type of price lines are you looking to add exactly? To my knowledge, users cannot actually draw or create a custom price line for themselves on CQG Desktop.

That being said, there options within the settings to enable the Last Price Line.

It is also worth mentioned that any filled orders will display a “price line indicator” as long as the option is enabled, providing you with a visual representation of where your order was filled in the market as shown in the image below:

I have already reached out for further clarification from CQG on this subject. Let me know if you had something else in mind! If you have any additional questions feel free to post them as needed, we’d love to help you out.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support
(800) 771-6748

1 Like

Thank you, i wanted to put static price lines on the chart. example: for NQ 6810, 6816 etc , or any kind of line on a price line. That line should stay on the chart.

@fremontca

Understood. I am still currently waiting for a response from the CQG team on this matter. As soon as I do receive one, I will update this thread.

As far as I know, the current version of CQG Desktop (Version 3.8.45008) does not have any chart drawing capabilities on the platform. However, I did find a thread on the CQG forum in which one of their developers stated that trend lines, horizontal and vertical lines will be available in version 3.9. The last update stated that this update would arrive sometime in late January, so it is safe to say you can expect this feature in the near future. Apparently, the team is also continuing to work on basic pointer tools as well which are supposed to be released in update 4.0 or 4.1.

Let’s see what CQG has to say about this, but hopefully, this is something we receive sooner than later. Once this feature arrives you can expect us to make a video and tutorial guide on how to implement these features in your own chart.

Thanks for your patience,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like