CQG vs Rithmic for Trading on ATAS Platform

I am currently in a dilemma between choosing CQG and Rithmic for trading on the ATAS platform, and I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Let me tell you a bit about my background: I have been trading commodities and stocks for about five years, mainly focusing on short to mid-term strategies. My experience has mostly been with traditional trading platforms, and I am now looking to optimize my setup.

The reasons I am considering CQG and Rithmic are the following:

• CQG: I have heard that CQG offers robust market data and reliable trade routing. I am attracted to its comprehensive charting and analysis tools that are vital for my trading strategies.

• Rithmic: On the other hand, I know that Rithmic is favored for its high-speed trade execution capabilities. It offers low-latency data feed that can be a game-changer for real-time decision-making.

However, my main concerns are:

1. Reliability: Which one offers more stable and reliable connectivity?

2. Execution Speed: How do they compare in terms of trade execution speed?

3. Data Accuracy: Which one provides more accurate and timely market data?

4. Compatibility with ATAS: Are there any known issues or advantages when using either with ATAS?

5. Pricing: Considering their cost, which one offers better value for money?

If anyone has experience using either or both of these data feeds with ATAS, your feedback would be incredibly valuable. Specific examples or scenarios where one outperformed the other would be especially helpful.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello @Luxe, welcome to the community!

First of all, we appreciate your excellent question. It is common for Futures traders to face connectivity issues in their research. For your information, Optimus Futures customers use both CQG and Rithmic.

While many traders believe that they can find the “best” connectivity, the reality is that the quality of connectivity depends on several factors. These include a fast internet connection, suitable hardware, and other variables that can affect futures trading.

Regarding your specific configurations, we cannot answer questions 1-4 with certainty. However, we assume that you have a good setup since you have traded equities for a few years. Nevertheless, please take our input with a certain level of skepticism since you may find that one connectivity solution works better for you than another.

Both CQG and Rithmic are reliable, although CQG has a more significant presence in the company. This means that they may have more redundancies for failing servers.

Regarding execution speed, it depends on your internet and other factors mentioned earlier. Therefore, we cannot say one is better than the other. As for data accuracy, both provide accurate data. However, if you prefer tick data, Rithmic may be a better option.

Both CQG and Rithmic work fine with ATAS. However, Rithmic offers a unique feature called MBO (Market By Order), which many traders like. It may help you make better decisions for futures trading, but it is a requested feature.

Finally, if you trade futures outside the CME group, like Eurex and ICE Europe products, you should consider CQG.They are connected to more international futures exchanges.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Matt Z

Optimus Futures

2 Likes

Certainly! Choosing between CQG and Rithmic for your trading on the ATAS platform is an important decision. Here’s some insight based on your concerns:

1. Reliability:Both CQG and Rithmic are known for their reliability. However, real-world experiences may vary. It’s advisable to check user reviews and consider your specific trading requirements.
  2. Execution Speed: Rithmic is often praised for its high-speed trade execution. If speed is a critical factor for your strategies, Rithmic might have an edge in this aspect.
  3. Data Accuracy: Both providers prioritize accurate and timely market data. Again, user reviews and your specific needs should guide your decision.
  4. Compatibility with ATAS: ATAS generally supports both CQG and Rithmic. However, it’s always wise to check for any updates or user feedback regarding compatibility, as software integrations can vary.
  5. Pricing: The cost factor depends on your usage and requirements. Compare the pricing plans for CQG and Rithmic, considering factors like data fees, platform fees, and any additional costs.

Since your focus is on commodities and stocks with short to mid-term strategies, consider the specific features each platform offers for your trading style.

To gather more insights, you may want to explore trading forums, communities, or reach out directly to ATAS support for any specific nuances related to their platform. Additionally, a trial period with both data feeds can help you assess their performance in real trading conditions.

Ultimately, the “better” choice depends on your individual preferences, trading style, and the specific features that align with your needs. Good luck with your decision!