CVD(Cumulative Volume Delta) discrepancies OptimusFlow & TradingView

Hello. Recently, I’ve become aware of a difference in how Optimus Flow and TradingView are displaying cumulative volume delta. I tried the MES and the ES.
These charts are both of the MES on August 12th, 5min TF.
The TradingView chart shows a divergence with the yellow line. The OptimusFlow chart doesn’t show divergence. I am on CQG.

Hopefully, the OF developers can explain why this difference.

1 Like

Hi @Ariesfx13,

Thanks for your question and welcome back to the community forum!

When you have a moment, can you try taking a screenshot of your Optimus Flow’s Object manager so we can see the exact indicators and drawing tools on your Optimus Flow chart?

Please right click your chart > objects manager

Please send us a screenshot of what you see here so we can troubleshoot further!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

Hello Jake!

Thanks. Is this what you mean?

Hi @Ariesfx13,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for us to get back to you. Yes, this is what we were looking for in your screenshot.

Just to clarify your question, you are asking why your TradingView chart shows a divergence line and Optimus Flow’s cumulative volume delta does not show this same line, correct?

It could be incorrect, but as far as I know, TradingView’s cumulative volume delta indicator does not automatically plot a convergence line nor can I find it within their indicator settings:

Typically you would find a corresponding setting to enable/disable or customize the color of a divergence line. Unless I am overlooking it, I do not see such an option on TradingView nor does Optimus Flow.

Unless we misunderstood your question, is it possible that you accidentally added a separate indicator or drawing tool on TradingView for a divergence line in your CVD subwindow? You can check what indicators or drawing tools have been added to your chart on TradingView by right clicking your chart > Object tree…

I hope you find this helpful and please let us know your feedback on this! If we misunderstood your original question, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Hello @Mod-JakeM ,

Sorry if there was confusion in my post. To clarify, I was talking about cumulative delta divergences, specifically how Optimus Flow is missing some of them. Please pay no mind to the to the yellow lines, I drew those myself to show the divergence.

To add, the following examples are from August 27th on the MES 3-minute chart show another instance of a divergence on TradingView, but on Optimus Flow the divergence didn’t happen. I drew the yellow arrows only to bring attention to the areas of interest.
Hoping the developers can shed light on why some divergences are not showing on Optimus Flow. Thanks again!