Data on 1min chart disappeared on pre market today on YM (Dow Jones Futures)?

I m new to futures and real time data guys , any idea why this happened , My broker’s mt5 is showing a different chart on 1min now , is this clear day manipulation , My analysis on rithmic chart is now super opposite to the reality of not having a pre open candles on my chart ?? MY CFD MT5 seems more correct to reality at this time !!! I ve re started a platform few times and nothing happens !!! I know it was there when pre market started for the first 15min then at 14:00 , 74 valuable candles for the day move analysis disappeared …

2 Likes

@NavMan Welcome to the forum. Are you comparing CFD data with exchange traded data?
PLEASE avoid using the word “manipulation.” While I respect your question, exchange providers do not manipulate data; they deliver everything (or attempt) to deliver what the exchange provides.

CFD is not exchange data but rather broker data. If there is room for “manipulation,” is when you do not have a central exchange.

Tech support will jump in and reply.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Hi Matt , thank you

With all I do respect, I m afraid you didnt get what I wrote. My point was 74 candles are missing in the data chart !!! 12:36 to 14pm UK TIME , This is unacceptable to happen , how is that possible ? That’s dow’s pre market an hour and half … I compaired it to my CFD charts because they were showing relatively the correct minute chart to my understanding of the price for that hour … this is a very important incident I picked up , maybe by the luck of being in front of my screen and following every YM ticks , it really needs to be looked at and investigated deeply.

Kind regards
Navid

2 Likes

I understand your concerns and am working to address them, so please be assured that I am not dismissing them. However, it is not a good idea to use CFD data versus exchange as a means of comparison.

You can use one provider (ISV) versus another and see their difference. For example, Rithmic vs. CQG, etc. Then you are comparing two connectivities in the exchange. In theory, they should have the same data; if they do not, you start your inquiry.

We will try and replicate this issue to see if we can find out what happened.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

2 Likes

Dear Matt ,

That’s not a comparison issue , All I m saying and convinced with my own eyes is That rithimic minute chart is missing price information & is not correct !! relatively my indicators were not showing me accurate analysis

I almost got engaged to the opposite trade direction for the open , as I was chasing the price all morning I knew something is surely not right.

I appreciate your concern to chase this matter , this is unblievable to me personally … but we are living in a world that anything is possible

Warm regards
Navid

2 Likes

Hello @NavMan,

If you believe that you are missing candles on your charts while connected to Rithmic data, please right click your chart > RELOAD HISTORY (SERVER)

This will wipe out all data on your chart and reload it from Rithmic’s server. If there are any missing candles, it will fix this issue.

Also, please consider that September indices (such as YMU2) are very close to their expiration. Many platforms and data providers automatically roll over their symbols to the new December contracts, while some platforms are still on September. While using other platforms to reference data this week, it could be possible that your Optimus Flow chart was set to the December contract while another platform was set to September still.

I believe the RELOAD HISTORY (SERVER) will fix your issue.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

3 Likes

Hi Jake , Thank you so much for the instruction , It did work and the candles came back :+1:

Kind regards
Navid

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, @NavMan!

Jake
Optimus Futures Support

2 Likes