Day Trading and Swing Trading, Which Time Frame to Choose

Hello, I would like to know which time frame is best for day trading, and which one is best for swing trading? Thanks

1 Like

Tell me if i post the question in the wrong section?

1 Like

It is in the right section, and we are preparing a reply.
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Thanks Mod-mattZ for your reply, i am just confuse about using time frame, any way waiting for the reply

Is it better to use only one time frame when trading? or use several time frame at the same time?

Hi @roger50 and thank you for your questions.

To address your question, I want to emphasize that in my opinion, there is no ideal or period or one that is better than another. Your trading success will be a result of your psychology to overcome bad days, not get over-excited during good days, and have an above-average risk management plan (ability to handle drawdowns).

Having said that, when you trade short term targets, you should use small time frames, and when you use higher targets, you should use larger time frames. When you trade short term day trading, you need to minimize your losses fast, and when you swing trade or use higher time frames, your equity will experience more significant fluctuations.

Use three time frames when you trade any period, for example: when you day trade, you can use 5, 15, and 30 minute charts. If you trade higher time frames, you can use 30, 60, and a 4-hour chart. When you use three time frames, you should spot support and resistance that occur across all time frames on the same levels. That could make the support ad resistance levels a bit more significant (again, in our opinion).

Lastly, I wanted to share with you some articles we published, and they may help you in your trading.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

1 Like

I totaly agree with you, the psychology side is the most difficult to handle.

Thanks for your reply i appreciate that and the artcles are very helpfull

2 Likes