Do you provide both futures and forex trading through the same MT5 platform?

Hi there,

I’ve been trading futures with Optimus for quite some time now. Recently I’ve been thinking about trading Forex too. As far as I know, MetaTrader 5 supports both Futures and Forex.

Is it possible to trade both futures and forex at the same time with Optimus Futures as a brokerage? This would be very convenient since I don’t have to switch back and forth between platforms constantly.

Thanks for the advice,
Will

Hello @XuData,

Welcome back and thanks for your question!

The answer is yes!

With MT5, you can have multiple trading accounts connected to different data feeds/servers. MT5 clearly displays the difference between accounts, allowing you to easily switch back and forth between the two.

The only limitation here is that you will only be able to view one data feed at a time. To clarify on this, you will need to log out off your futures trading account and it’s data in order to access your Forex account along with it’s own data. You cannot trade and view Forex/Futures data from the same trading account.

Below is an example of the MT5 Navigator Window that allows you to monitor your accounts, indicators, scripts, etc. You will notice under the Accounts section, I have two separate accounts associated with two different servers/data feeds.

These are only demo accounts, but the same situation will apply to live accounts as well. Simply double click on the account you’d like to login to, enter your username and password in the login window as shown below, and the platform will automatically configure itself to the data associated with the account you are logging in with.

The process is extremely simple and very easy to do. Like I mentioned, the only major limitation here is not being able to login to one account and access both data feeds at the same time.

I hope you find this helpful!

Let us know if you have additional MT5 questions, we’d be more than happy to help!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug: