DOM and Order Book Values Don't Correspond to Current Market Price

Hi there,

I’m new to Optimus Flow and have repeatedly had a problem where the DOM and market depth levels are not lined up with the current market price. It will for example show both buy and sell order well above, or well below the market/last price level - wondering if there’s something I need to adjust or update to correct this - thank you!

Example:

1 Like

Hello @TraderBiku,

Thank you for your post! Welcome to the community forum and for bringing this to our attention.

If you experience this again, would you be able to provide a screenshot of the entire platform or the entire DOM/Chart rather than just a small portion of it? I would like to see the exact contracts you have applied to your chart and DOM. In the screenshot you provided, there is clearly a difference between the market price of your DOM and chart, but ideally, I would like to see more of these panels to see if we can find any issues with them.

To my knowledge, there is no setting that would cause an issue like this. My initial thoughts are that the contracts applied to the chart/DOM could possibly be mismatched or one of the panels could have briefly disconnected and needs to be refreshed. [On your chart, please try right clicking > Reload history (server)]

Thanks for your input and evidence so far, if you could provide a bit more than would be very helpful in order for us to help you solve this!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Here you go Jake - it’s basically happening all the time now, including after I restart the program. I reloaded the server and reconnected to Optimus Connect. Is there a chance the mark price is live, but the order book values are somehow delayed… That’s the best I could think of. Thanks for your help with it.

1 Like

Hi @TraderBiku,

Thank you for the updated screenshot with additional evidence of this behavior.

We have contacted our developers about this and are waiting to hear back from them. Are you still noticing this inconsistency?

What ping (MS) are you receiving while using Optimus connect?

Please let us know!
Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your response - I have about 130 MS ping on Optimus Connect. I am indeed continuing to see this inconsistency - it appears to be the only way the DOM presents at the moment. Will be glad to hear a solution -

Cheers-

2 Likes

Hi @TraderBiku,

Thank you for the additional feedback.

We are still waiting to hear back from our developers about this inconsistency you have noticed, my assumption is that it may be related to your current ping.

In the meantime, we kindly ask for your patience while our developers look into this and as soon as we have an answer we will follow up in this post. In the meantime, if you are not comfortable with the current solution we can always look to consider reconfiguring you for one of the other compatible data feeds we have available on Optimus Flow.

Thank you again for the input and we greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention.
Jake
Optimus Futures

Hi Jake,

The difference in the order book values with the mark price is much bigger than 130ms, just so you’re aware of that - it honestly look like the mark price moves in a way that’s totally independent to the order book levels - I can upload a video so you can see it in real time if that would help - but the mark price and the orderbook levels rarely, if ever line up -

I’d appreciate trying another connection if that’s possible, even just to see if that solves it - I think you guys have Rithmic or CQG? Let me know if that would be possible in the interim -

Thank you -

1 Like

Hi @TraderBiku,

Thank you for the additional feedback. Our developers got back with us and mentioned that they personally do not believe this issue is related to latency.

Latency is not totally out of the question, but their assumption is that this could be something else. Would you be open to a remote screen share session for our developers to take a look at this? If not, I can guide you through the process of sending us your log files for our developers to analyze.

Please let us know if you’d be open to a remote session for us look at this further. Yes we do have CQG and Rithmic available as well, if we need to make any changes we can gladly do so, but if we could at least gather your log files first before switching that would be very helpful for us to fix any potential DOM pricing issues!

If you are open to it please let me know and I will reach out to you directly.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Hi Jake,

Sorry somehow didn’t see this response before - happy to do a remote session with you guys if it’s on the shorter side (15-30 minutes) - otherwise would prefer to send log files.

Let me know what works for you -

Cheers -

1 Like

Hi @TraderBiku,
I believe your issue was resolved, as you shared screenshots that showed the issue was resolved.
Am I mistaken?

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Hi @Mod-MattZ and @Mod-JakeM

Those screenshots are meant to show the problem is not resolved - the DOM to my knowledge never been in sync with the current market price since I started using the program on a live account - I would love to try to resolve this, as it makes using the platform quite hard - thank you -

1 Like

We are sorry you are having these issues. This is unique as others did not report such issues, so we will keep on working with you to resolve this.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures