DOM Replay on Optimus Flow

Hey guys. Would anyone happen to know of a viable way to practice Optimus Flows DOM utilizing market replay? Everytime I pull one up with the replay, it seems as though level two data isn’t being replaced which really defeats the purpose.

Does anyone know if tradovates market replay could be used in Quantower and would that make a difference? I’m really looking for the most realistic DOM replay compatible with Optimus Flow so I can learn and practice on this platform as it’s my platform of choice.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Greetings @Icbto09, that’s an interesting request. Many customers use Market Replay for backtesting strategies on the chart without relying on DOM data - purely my experience. But if you have any correlations in mind that you’d like to explore, we’d love to help you identify a data provider who can provide the correct information for the DOM.

Optimus Flow support will do its best to identify which data provider supplies such data for Optimus Flow DOM. We look forward to providing you with an update soon!

Happy Holidays!

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Matt!! That would be amazing as I’m looking to transition into more DOM focused trading and like the DOM features of Optimus Flow. Would want to practice on the platform I intend to trade with. Thank you again and can’t wait!

2 Likes

The Optimus Flow DOM is designed well to place orders quickly.

But tracking trades through the “DOM” or “Depth of Market” can be tricky. The DOM is a real-time display of bid and ask prices and contract availability at each price level. It isn’t easy to follow individual trades in markets that move quickly (consider news events or economic numbers where “DOM Gone wild”).

The liquidity and platform speed can also impact the accuracy of real-time trade tracking. Some educators promote DOM visualization, but this is an advanced method and not always easy to study and implement. Build your core method, and if the DOM trades help you, use the info; if not, go back to basics. As always, just my opinion to help you out.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

2 Likes

I think if Optimus could get something similar to what Ninjatrader has with it’s market replay download and built in connection, that would be awesome for DOM replay.

Or something like the jigsaw daytradr plugin would also be pretty cool. It’s basically a Ninjatrader connection which allows you to interface to daytradr with ninjatrader replay data. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

We are monitoring requests for such features. If this can assist traders in making better decisions, we will put the necessary resources in place. We observe a demand for both educational resources and trading solutions. Our priority is to facilitate trade implementation. I truly appreciate your ideas and will review them in greater detail within the week.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

2 Likes

Hi @Icbto09,

Thank you for the question!

After looking into your live account, I think part of the “problem” is that I do not see your account enabled for level 2 market depth data. If this data is available for market replay, regardless of the data feed it would require level 2 for this to function properly.

We can discuss enabling level 2 for you in a direct email conversation if you’d like.

That being said, after some initial testing, it does not seem that all of the data feeds we currently support on Optimus Flow provide historical bid/ask data - so far I have tested Rithmic and from my observations so far, Rithmic only provides one level of market depth data (one bid/one ask) when using market replay.

I am going to work with the different data providers we support on Optimus Flow to find out whether or not this is something that needs to be changed on our platform in order to receive this data or if this is simply not achievable using these data feeds.

I will keep this thread updated when I find out more!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

3 Likes

Thanks for looking into this and for the continued support, Jake. I do have level two data enabled on my other data feeds I’m currently utilizing in OF, so I’m not too sure that my cqg account you’re referring to would be the culprit here.

I think what you’re getting at in the latter portion of your response is more likely as I face the same issue with market depth on my Rithmic connections for playback, but have absolutely no issues while viewing the actual market. This is why I suggested something along the lines of NTs market replay download or the daytradr plugin.

I’m now currently using Daytradr to learn/ practice and already had a Ninjatrader license, so I’ll be utilizing Daytradr via the plugin NT supports for market replay for the time being. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi there,

After some research, you may consider using DxFeed as an additional data source for your trading needs. DxFeed can connect to Optimus Flow, which may provide the data you are looking for. DxFeed is not a platform for executing trades but rather a source of historical data. dxFeed Optimus Flow provides day traders with a high-standard data We hope this information helps and they provide a solution.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures.

2 Likes

Thanks, Matt.

I’ll check this out.

NW

1 Like