Error message : license server could not be contacted

Hello,

When i trying to launch Rithmic Trader Pro, the software is unable to open because of this message : License server could not be contacted.

Can someone help me ? Thank you.

Hi @multivor,

Thank you for the question and welcome to the community forum!

Typically a user would receive this message if their computer or internet is not able to establish a connection with the Rithmic server.

Do you have any sort of firewalls or antivirus programs that could potentially be preventing R Trader Pro from establishing a connection to the Rithmic server? There are a number of reasons you could get this message.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

Hi, is there any follow up to this?
I am having the same issue.
I tried disabling Firewalls and antiviruses, reinstalling a new version of Rithmic, but still it does not work.
Thanks

Hi @dc132,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Optimus Futures community forum!

Unfortunately, the user above never replied so we do not know if they continued to have this issue.

Personally, I am not experiencing this issue myself and can launch R Trader fine. We have other users currently using R Trader as well.

If you continue to have issues, you can click the “Support” link on the login screen of R Trader which will present you with your log files. You can then send these files to support@rithmic.com and they can help you address this issue.

I hope this helps,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

Hi Jake,
Thanks for the reply!
It is indeed a firewall that caused my issue.
To figure out if it’s from the computer’s firewall or the router’s, simply connect the computer through a phone connection. Rithmic worked fine with a phone tethered connection. That is what I did and the problem was coming from the router. I was able to fix it and Rithmic then worked properly.
Best,

1 Like