Excel linked to R | Trader Pro

Hello!

Could you please tell me the difference between Create Live Streaming Spreadsheet and Create Live Streaming Spreadsheet (Linkable Mode) in the data export dropdown of R | Trader Pro?

I have created both, but cannot determine the difference.

Thanks.

1 Like

In pre-2013 versions of Excel, Linkable Mode will open all streaming windows in the same excel instance. Since these multiple workbooks are opened in the same Excel window, they can be cross-referenced.

Beginning with 2013 release, Excel switched to SDI (single workbook per Excel instance) and selecting linkable mode will be the same as selecting the regular streaming.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

800 771 6748
561 367 8686

2 Likes

Hi i am starting a project using rtraderpro and excel. I need to connect excel to two instances of rtraderpro to be able to get informations on the two différents accounts (in two different brokets). I launch two rtraderpro, create in each one the live streaming. at the beginning every thing is ok but some time later it seems that excel gets confused with the two live streams. Thank you for your help Renaud

Hi @rht5692,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Optimus community forum.

I have attempted to replicate this myself, but do not appear to be encountering the same issue as you.

Can you attempt to run two instances of R Trader Pro, on the same account, using the R Trader Pro market data plugin?

If you aren’t familiar with how to use the R Trader Pro plugin, we created a video on how to configure this here:

Please try this method of opening two R Trader Pro instances connected as a plugin and let us know if this issue persists.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

thank you very much for your answer i will test two rtraderpro connected to the same account

another question where can i find how to developp and install a custom iondicator on rtraderpro indicator developped by me with easylanguage thank you very much for your help

1 Like