Filing taxes on futures trading for foreign customers

How does Optimus Futures report taxes on foreign customers? If I have profits in my emini sp trading, how do you guys take it out? Each day? A month? Year? I never traded in the USA because I am based in Europe.

Our clearing firms provide at the end of the year a form called 1099-B which summarizes your entire P&L for a given year. However, you also get a daily and monthly statement which allow you to track your performance. When you fill out the Futures trading account application form, you will also sign the W8 form (Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting Individuals) which exempts you from paying taxes in the USA if you a foreign futures trader.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

(800) 771-6748
(561) 367-8686

Hi Matt,

My financial has just ended, how can i obtain a P&L + expenses statements for my account?

thanks

please reach out to accounts at Optimus Futures and ask for your 1099. Indicate your account number and the firm you are with.
I hope this helps.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading, Past performance is not indicative of Futures results.

1 Like

Each trader is subject to its tax laws and capital gains based on the location (Province/State/Region and Country). We highly suggest discussing specifically with an accountant that understands Futures as an asset class and the tax obligations you have in location. We can not provide such advice.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.