Full List of Coded Futures

Is there a list on your website or in a Widget that shows the Names of the Coded Futures listed in the drop downs? I’m only seeing the name on the watermark of some of the charts and not printed anywhere else that I can determine right now.

1 Like

Hi @Miya,

Thanks for your question!

Would you mind elaborating and clarifying what you mean by “coded futures”?

If you are looking for the full list of Futures that are supported on our platform, you can find them through the symbol viewer which is located in the top left of most windows:

Click on the exchange in which the instrument you are looking for is located and then select the trading month you would like applied. As you can see in the example below, I clicked on NYMEX. The futures available to me within NYMEX are CL, HO, NG, and RB:

Please let me know if you were looking for something different!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

3 Likes

Yes, once I click the actually product or future category… all of the futures (symbols/codes) for each of the futures is listed, but without any indication as to which contract they represent. The actual name is not there. I know each of these letters and numbers represent future, contract month and year, but the ‘narrative name’ is not there and that list, I have found on the website to reference exactly what is there without de-coding them all manually. I only see the partial name in the watermark … once I open the chart.
(Example: Corn CBOT ZC.K20 May 2020)

1 Like

Hi @Miya,

Thanks for clarifying!

As you mentioned, the name does not fully populate for a front month symbol until you add it to a chart. We are looking on improving this area of the platform and we will actually be segregating spreads (similar to options currently) to their own section to reduce clutter. This should be coming in a new update by next week.

In the symbol viewer, it is possible to breakdown each tree to view more information about each specific symbol. As you can see in the example below, if I click on CME > ES > I can view the instrument name for a specific contract month:

Otherwise and as you mentioned, you will only see the full name of the contract until you add it to a chart or by searching in the Symbol Info window in the platform’s current state, but we’ll speak to our developers about improving this feature.

I see you mentioned you found a website and if needed, feel free to refer to our guide as well: Rithmic Datafeed - Futures Symbol Product Codes

Thanks for explaining what you are looking for and stay tuned for improvements on this in future updates!
Jake
Optimus Futures :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

3 Likes