Futures Broker for British Columbia residents?

Looking to open an account, but I’ve been turned down a few times with other brokers because I live in BC, Canada. Do you allow accounts for British Columbia residents?

Hello @Ryze,

Thanks for your inquiry and welcome to our community forum!

To answer your question, yes! We can accept British Columbia residents! If you are currently living in BC, Canada, we can accept you as a client with Ironbeam.

If you are a Canadian from any other province, you can choose between AMP and Iron Beam.

If you’re not familiar with these two clearing firms, I encourage you to take a look at our FCM page which should provide you with details and information about all of the clearing firms we work with and the differences between them (focus on AMP and Ironbeam): Futures Trading Clearing & Execution | Multiple FCM Options | Optimus Futures

Let us know if you have any further questions or if there is anything else we can do to accomodate you!

Thanks,

Matt Z

Optimus Futures

Hey Matt!
I’m basically in the same situation and looking to open a futures account. I’m also located in BC, Canada, and am currently using the Ninjatrader free platform and am loving it. They recommend GFF brokers as their go to in Canada and I read that GFF provides a free license to NT8 if you open a futures account with them, but I wanted to consider my options and came across you guys. (I see your posts on virtually every forum and you guys seem the most genuine).

I was wondering if you guys have an integration with NT8 as well, as I would prefer to stick to the platform I learned on, but I would prefer not to pay for a full license (though it’s not the end of the world if I have to move over to something new).

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @saarboi Thank you for your kind words. We provide CQG and Rithmic for NinjaTrader, but they need to enable it from their side. This is not something that we control. If that is a platform you really like you can go with their recommended broker, as most likely they will not enable it for us.

We have our own trading platform called Optimus Flow, Free Futures Trading Platform | Optimus Flow | $50,000 Practice Account You are more than welcome to take it for a ride, and see if you like it.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Thanks for the reply Matt!
I’ll definitely take a look at your platform. I see it has chart trading, which is awesome and it’s what I use. Does it also have anything like Ninjatrader’s ATM? I mainly use it for scalping strategies and find it super useful.

Thanks!

1 Like

After learning your ATM needs, what you are seeking could be implemented on the Order Entry window. You would be able to see that marked on the chart and move the stops and target around. We are working on implementing it directly on the chart.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures