Futures Trading Workflow- Copying Trades to Trading Accounts

Hi, I’m looking to start trading futures, coming from trading Forex for a few years. But I want to keep a similar workflow to what I have with Forex.

In Forex I have a device that allows me to enter and exit trades. It uses lines on the charts that I can move to adjust my potential order or trade. For example, moving the stop loss line to widen or tighten the stop before placing my order. It also automatically adjusts my lot size based on how much I want to risk per trade. I can also move a stop order line to do the same.

I also have a trade copier that copies trades from one brokerage account to another.

Is there any platform or set of software in the Future’s trading space that will allow me to accomplish these tasks?

Essentially I want to copy trades to my other accounts and avoid having to manually calculate the number of contracts for each order which will be based on my set risk amount. I also see that a some brokerages require me to enter in the exact value of the stop loss to put it in or adjust it, I need to avoid that as well. I’m a scalper, with an average trade duration of 3min for one of my strategies, so I need to get in and out very quickly.

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:
Max

Hello @MattMaverick, and Welcome to the Optimus community.

I understand your requirements for transitioning from Forex to futures trading while maintaining a similar workflow. To meet your needs, we suggest several solutions:

• Multiple Account Management: You can establish multiple accounts under your name with our brokerage. We provide a block account option that allows for efficient allocation of trades across your various accounts, tailored to your specific requirements. This solution is ideal for managing multiple accounts seamlessly.

• Give-Up Agreement Option: Another avenue is utilizing a give-up agreement. This arrangement enables the transfer of your trades to another broker. It’s important to note, though, that this option is more suited for scenarios involving additional accounts with multiple brokerages.
    It ensures smooth trade management across different brokers. However, the limitations are that there are additional costs that would be charged by other brokers for the give up agreement, and if you have many accounts, it may not be worth it due to costs.

• Trade Copier Solution: We also offer an advanced trade copier service through R Trader. This system facilitates the setup of your primary account, from which trades are automatically allocated to other brokerage accounts. For optimal performance and compatibility, it’s essential that these receiving brokerages utilize Rithmic Trader as well. You then subscribe to your method and it gets copied.

Each of these solutions is designed to streamline your trading process, particularly for a scalping strategy like yours, where swift and efficient trade execution is crucial. We focus on minimizing manual calculations and enhancing trade efficiency to suit your fast-paced trading style.

Please feel free to reach out for any further clarification or assistance in setting up these services.
I highly suggest to engage with us on the phone because you have a very specific need here and we want to make sure you know the pros and cons of what you are seeking.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the quick reply. I took a look at you guys and I see you offer MT5 as an option. This would allow me to keep my same workflow. I might need to change copiers though. I’ll do what you suggest and give you guys a call to see if it’s a good fit.

Thanks again,
Max

1 Like

Max,

MetaQuotes designed MT5 as an evolution of MT4, aiming to extend its capabilities from being a Spot FX-focused platform to a comprehensive multi-asset platform. This transition, while promising, does come with its challenges. Notably, integrating certain features from the over-the-counter nature of Spot FX into the more structured environment of Futures, which is governed by regulated exchanges, has its complexities.

However, we at Optimus Futures are committed to assisting you through these changes. If you have any specific questions or need guidance on how to navigate these new features, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our team is always ready to provide the support you need to make the most of your trading experience.

You can find our contact details here for your convenience: Optimus Futures Support.

Looking forward to assisting you further.

Best regards,

Matt Z
Optimus Futures