Getting started setting Futures Trading data feeds

Hello,

I am used to trading CFDs in the UK and I’m looking to expand into futures trading.

I am having some difficulty getting the process started, specifically with getting access to different data feeds as most of the websites I have seen are outdated and difficult to understand.

What is the best way to go about this in the UK?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @CBall,

Welcome to the Optimus community forum and thank you for your post.

For live accounts through Optimus Futures, the last step in the process is to configure a client for their platform, live market data, and a data feed for execution. This comes after a client has already applied for a live account, been approved, and funded.

These are the data feeds that we currently support at Optimus Futures: Futures Market Data Feeds | Rithmic | CQG | CTS | TT | Optimus Futures

To help you answer your question, do you have a specific platform in mind that you wanted to use for Futures trading? Or do you have a data feed that you would prefer? To help narrow down which data feed you would like to use, we typically first look at the platforms we have available and whether or not those platforms are compatible with the data feed you are interested in. Or vice versa.

If this is your first time trading futures, in my opinion, I would start with a demo. Here are the various platforms we support: Futures Trading Platforms & Software | Optimus Futures you can sign up for demos on the majority of those platforms through the link above as well.

If you aren’t sure or need help deciding on a platform thats best for you, you can always book a meeting with someone on our team or give us a call at: (561) 367-8686. Feel free to also reply to this post with features you need in a trading platform and we can make suggestions here as well!

I hope this helps! Any additional information you can provide in order to point you in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Hey Jake,

I think I will either be going with Sierra Chart or ATAS at the present moment.

The markets I am considering are, BTC, Nasdaq, S&P500 mini, DAX, BUND.

What data feed/feeds would you recommend?

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Hi @CBall,

Thank you for letting me know.

Both platforms you mentioned have the ability to connect to Rithmic and CQG data feeds.

Sierra Chart has their own market data called “Denali Data” and has also recently released their own data feed for order execution called “Teton” that we may be offering in the near future.

That being said, your need for the DAX and BUND requires you account to be enabled for the EUREX exchange. EUREX is only available through us on the CQG data feed. If you require to trade the DAX and the BUND, we would need to configure your live account for CQG in order to trade these contracts. CQG has connectivity options to the CME as well, which includes the other products you mentioned.

I hope this helps narrow down your selection!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like