Historical Data on SierraChart

Hey!

I’ve been using SierraCharts for a while and I was wondering how do I download historical data from 1998 until now? Apparently it’s supposed to be possible with the Rithmic setup I’ve got (demo at the moment but will have the full version soon enough)

I would like as much data as possible for backtesting. So far I’ve only got CL contracts that go back 2 years anything else only shows me past 6 months (max).

Also would be nice if I could have follow up questions about backtesting options or should that be asked under a different topic?

• Sam
1 Like

Hello @Sam21!

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Optimus Community Forum!

To answer your question, although Rithmic does support historical data back to the creation of each particular contract, I do not believe you will be able to access this on Sierra Chart with a demo account.

To my knowledge, Sierra Chart + Rithmic supports historical intraday data depending on which Sierra package you subscribe to. For Sierra Chart package 3, 1 Second historical Intraday data is provided. For Package 5 users, tick by tick historical Intraday data is provided. These are for current futures contracts only.

That being said, for longer-term historical Intraday data and for expired futures contracts, Sierra Chart recommends that their users subscribe to the Sierra Chart historical data service. This seems to also be needed for historical daily data as well.

If it is not too much of a hassle, we suggest opening up a new topic if you have follow up questions about backtesting options :smile:

Once again, thanks for your question and welcome to the Optimus Community! We hope you found this helpful.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

Ah, I see.

Thanks for the answer and warm welcome :wink: will look more into this when I’ve got the data package.

Will open more topics today, still got a lot to figure out hehe.

Impressed with the amount of knowledge in this community already. Got some questions answered by searching already!

Have a good one!

• Sam
2 Likes