How to? Bracket Orders By Dollar Value or %Risk

Hi all,

In Optimus Flow, is it possible to create bracket orders that show stop loss and profit target in dollar values or percent of account risk - in addition to or instead of tick values?

For clarification, see attached for example from Tradingview.

Thanks for your insight.
TV - SLTP - Copy

Hi @leftpoint,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community forum.

At this time, bracket orders on Optimus Flow can be configured by tick offsets, similar to the first row you see in your screenshot from TradingView.

In the next few weeks, we will be launching a major update that will also include the ability to configure bracket orders by percentage %.

At this time there are no plans to implement bracket configurations by price or dollar amount, but percentage is coming very soon.

Thanks again for your patience while waiting for a response.
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

Hey Jake,

Will the planned update allow multi-bracket orders with Rithmic? Saw in Quantower release notes, multi-brackets for Rithmic connection was added in 1.127.2 and ā€˜Percentage modeā€™ for multi bracket screen was added in 1.128.2. Fingers crossed.

Thanks,

John

Hi @Mod-JakeM,

Thanks very much for your response.

To clarify: will the update include the ability to configure bracket orders by 1) percent risk on position OR 2) percent risk on total account equity?

Also, do you know what the timeframe is for the update release?

Thanks again.

Hi @JohnA,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your question!

Yes, I can confirm that in the next major update there will be multi-brackets for Rithmic along with a new percentage mode for Rithmic bracket orders as well.

We plan to ideally launch this next major update within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks again for your question and we hope you enjoy the new update once it launches.
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Hi @leftpoint,

You are welcome!

To my knowledge, the percentage mode for multi-bracket orders is based 2): percent risk on total account equity.

We plan to ideally launch this next major update within the next 2 weeks.

If there are any changes to the percentage mode for bracket orders by the time we launch or if this percentage is configured differently, I will update this thread by launch.

Thank you for your question! Please keep an eye out for updates on Optimus Flow in the upcoming weeks - we will also be launching a new page on our website that our userbase can use to stay on track of all new updates moving forward. We can update this thread with that web page once it has gone live.

Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

@Mod-JakeM @Mod-MattZ To follow up on this discussion regarding bracket orders automatically based on percent risk of total account equity: was there an update that rolled out this feature as planned? I donā€™t see it in Optimus Flow but might be looking in the wrong place, sorry if Iā€™m missing it. Thank you!

Hi @leftpoint,

Thanks for reaching back out about this. Unfortunately, it seems I misinterpreted our developerā€™s patch notes when I originally responded to this post.

I was incorrect - the percentage update I was referring to originally was not based on the percent risk of total account equity. I apologize.

The percentage mode that we added to the platform is for multiple bracket order configurations:

If you look at the image above, this is the new multi-bracket order screen that we implemented. The multi-bracket setup can be configured to add stoploss/take profit OCO orders based on a percentage of the quantity on your original entry order.

For example and for additional clarification, in my image above I have entered the market with a 10 lot buy market order on the ES. I have configured my multiple bracket setup to have 50% of that quantity placed at one tick offset. One of your bracket legs will always be set to the ā€œleftoverā€ which simply calculates the difference in percentage left. So in my image above, a stop loss order with a quantity of 5 is automatically placed at a 15 tick offset from my entry price and the remaining leftover quantity, 5 (10 x .50 = 5) is placed at a 20 tick offset. I did the same for take percentage configuration with the take profit orders, just using different tick offsets.

Here is how the bracket order appears once placed:

Again, I apologize for any confusion in my post above, but I hope you find the new bracket configuration window helpful.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying this, Jake.

1 Like