How to Hide P/L (profit/loss) balance when in trade on left tab

Hey Team,

When I’m in a trade the graphs will show my stop loss in a red oval-tangle with a nice line going across the screen. I can see the Take Profit with another red oval-tangle as well. My question is on that green P/L oval-tangle in the middle. I like how it hovers over the current price level, but can I please hide the actual P/L dollar amount so all I see is a green oval-tangle with no visible/changing P/L number? Or is there perhaps an alternative so I can see the current trade position without having that floating P/L number.

Best,

Cake

1 Like

Hi @CakeTheorist,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Optimus community forum!

Unfortunately, Optimus Flow does not have the ability to remove the PNL entirely from your charts while in a position, however you can customize these settings a bit to have PNL displayed differently.

To customize this section, try right clicking your chart > settings > Visual trading > positions:

By default, PNL Type is set to Currency. However it can be customized to ticks, ticks + currency, or by points. So if you prefer not to see the actual dollar amount, you could consider editing this to ticks or points instead. Here is how it looks with ticks or points set as this PNL type:

Ticks:

You can also consider clicking the “show positions” button to remove the position marker on your chart entirely, however, I don’t recommend this. If you remove the position tab from your chart this way, you MUST have a positions and working orders window open at all times in order to monitor your trades.

Although we don’t have a way to fully remove PNL from these positions tab currently, we can talk to our developers about this and potentially change it in the future. For now, we hope you find these alternative customization options helpful.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

Thanks Jake!

That’s almost perfect. I’m going to experiment with the font color and see if I can just hide the font color inside the box to get an “invisible” result. Will update with results. So far though this is a great alternative, changing it to “points” is a great way to put dollar signs out of my mind mid trade. Appreciate the help.

Cake

1 Like