Is there a way to create trading shortcuts on TT platform?

I was wondering if there was a way to allow me to setup macros for certain order types. For example, when I have a DOM open I would like to place a trade by simple pressing P instead of having to manually click the price level and then the order type, which then requires me to confirm the order. This ends up taking time more often than not and I notice that price levels sometimes change before I get the chance to place my order in.

Any suggestions? Thanks

@Nahama

Yes there is. I actually have several macros also known as “Hotkeys” setup for myself on the TT platform. They are actually very easy to configure and they much trading much smoother!

You can find hotkeys by going to Edit > Preferences > Hot Keys

As you can see, you can pretty much create a hotkey for every single order type and feature on this platform. You can hotkey saving, workspaces, windows, widgets, and even advanced order types. Scroll through the menus to see which ones are right for you.

Once you have the hotkey menu open, make sure to select the Enable hotkeys button! After enabling them, the hotkeys will work as intended. You can even customize your hotkeys to specific keyboard strokes. So for example by double left clicking the current hotkey button in the right hand column, I have the ability to now customize the hotkey to a knew keyboard stroke. If I wanted my limit orders under the hotkey P, I simply double click the existing macro and then type my new one in.

Unfortunately, there are various keys that are automatically enabled by default on TT, these cannot be changed no matter what. However, you can use alternatives such as Shift+P as shown below. As you can see on my hotkey, make sure you individually enable each hotkey you would like to utilize, clicking the enable hotkey checkbox does not automatically enable all hotkeys.

If you’d like to see a list of the hotkeys preset on TT that are not available for customization, take a look at the image below: