Is There a way to Universally Apply the same Indicator Across Multiple Charts with Different Futures Instruments?

So as my topic title states I trade multiple futures contracts at the same time. For example, I trade the ES, NQ, and HO.

Is there a way on CTS to extend the indicator I have on one chart to the other contract’s charts? I utilize the same method for all of the contracts I trade, so having a way to extend the indicators I use on one chart to the other would be very helpful for me.

Thanks!

Hi @Kennen, thanks for your question.

This is a capability of the CTS T4 platform. Essentially you can create a default chart that will apply it’s settings/indicators to any new chart you add to the platform going forward.

To do this first open a chart with the applied contract you intend to trade. In my example, I am using the live cattle contract. I’ve added all the indicators I wanted to the chart and once I have it set the way I like you can follow the steps below:

1. First, with a chart open, go to Chart Properties

2. Click on save as default

3. Once saved, open a new chart. The second chart I opened has a soybean contract applied to it. As you can see, the indicators applied from my original chart (live cattle), have been carried over and automatically applied to the second chart I have opened.

4. The last thing you will need to do is to save your setting on your main toolbar as shown in the screenshot below. This will save these settings for future use on the platform.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions on CTS T4.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:
(800) 771-6748

1 Like