Jigsaw Daytradr platform - hardware req and performance

Hi there,
I’ve purchased the Daytradr platform from Jigsaw, and absolutely loving it. I have a question on performance and seeking suggestion on what to do. I am using a mini-PC that has pretty decent specs:

• MinisForum UM560 PC
  • Ryzen 5 5635 processor with 512mb GPU VRAM
  • 32gb RAM
  • Windows 11
  • SSD hardrive
    When I pull up a ES DOM chart with 2 instances of rescontructed tape, and 1 chart window, my computer seems to be bogged down and the Daytradr platform becomes slow to respond (sometimes can’t even place trades on the DOM, as my computer is struggling to keep up). I’ve tried multiple settings for update frequency, but I feel like its just too much data for my computer to handle and the GPU is limited (since its just the onboard one).

Would it be wise to invest in a computer with dedicated GPU? Is that kind of hardware necessary for having a few windows open for futures trading?

I’m giving Sierra Chart a shot with the 2 week trial to see how my computer responds with that, however its not my first choice as I really do like the Jigsaw Daytradr.

Any advice or suggestions?
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @marktradesfutures,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Optimus community forum!

In my opinion, if you are looking to get the best performance out of your machine for trading, a dedicated graphics card is important. Without a dedicated graphics card, your CPU’s integrated graphics is left to render the visuals of your charts/DOMs on Jigsaw while also processing everything else on your machine simultaneously.

With a graphically intense program like Jigsaw, the more features you have open, the more “strain” is put on your CPU which in this case, it seems like it is causing your machine to struggle with keeping up with the graphical load of the program.

If you are running a graphically intensive program like Jigsaw, in my opinion, it would be wise to get a dedicated graphics card. That being said, I do not believe you need a top-of-the-line gaming graphics card to improve your performance here. Any semi-new graphics card created in the last 5-7 years will likely help in this situation to remove the load from your CPU.

These are my own suggestions and opinions coming from my own practical experience and dealing with clients who have been in similar situations. I hope you find this helpful.

Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Jake, really appreciate your response and input. Good to know what majority of traders are also using for hardware requirements. I’ll look into a mid-tier GPU that could help out processing all the visuals.

Cheers,
Mark

1 Like