Main menu strip unresponsive

I’ve noticed on multiple occasion that the main menu strip becomes unresponsive. It cannot be selected, and hovering over an icon does not highlight it like normal. That only way to recover is to quit and restart Optimus Flow.

Even though the main strip is unresponsive, any chart windows that are already opened continue to work as expected.

I don’t know exactly what combination of events causes this to happen, but it has happened 3 times today.

v1.76.1 on Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.630

Hello @autobahn,

Thanks for pointing this out. So far, we have not experienced this ourselves nor have we had any other reports of this issue.

Do you by any chance have any other programs or platforms running at the same time as Optimus Flow that could be possibly bogging down your machine or somehow interfering with each other?

How much RAM does your machine have?

The cause for this issue still remains to be seen, but narrowing down factors that could be contributing to this issue is a good way to solve it. Any other information you have for us would be extremely helpful!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

The most likely ‘interference’ I can think of is I use Windows 10’s virtual desktop (Ctrl Win Right, Ctrl Win Left). From memory, the issue seems to be after moving to another virtual desktop, doing ‘something’, then moving back, although I can’t replicate it with consistency and I don’t know what ‘something’ is.

The issue isn’t characteristic of lack of system resources.

I’ll keep monitoring and report if I find a way to consistently replicate.

@autobahn

I would lean towards this being some sort of compatibility issue with your virtual machine.

We have not encountered such an issue on an actual Windows 10 Machine.

I will try and do some testing of my own on my personal VM and let you know if I can replicate this issue. Any other feedback you have about this will be helpful in fixing this.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

This is a local desktop PC, I’m not using it in a virtual machine or remote desktop.
I’m referring to this: How to use multiple desktops in Windows 10 | Windows Central