MetaTrader MT5 Data Feed API

I’ve been trying to find out what I need to do in order to access Rithmic fast data feed from MetaTrader 5. I’d like to incorporate this data feed in my EAs in MT5, but I’m completely lost, don’t even know how to begin.

I’ve read about the existence of some APIs, but I don’t know how to download them, how to purchase them, or even what I actually need to do what I want. How do I start?

Thanks!

MT5 has not been integrated into Rithmic. For exchange-traded products the only API available is CQG.
I am not sure if you are looking to test or trade, but we provide a 2-week trial of CQG data.
Here is the demo page: Download MetaTrader 5 | Free Futures Trading Demo | Optimus Futures

We hope this helps you out with your research.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Thanks for the reply!

Glad to help you. Best of luck in your continued research!

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Actually what I’m looking for is for fast forex data feed, as I would like to try an EA for latency arbitrage. That’s why I’m interested in Rithmic data. So I have 2 questions:

• How can I get R Trader connected to a fast data feed forex server? I have opened 14-day trial accounts in a couple of places, but I couldn’t login into R Trader.
  • Is the MT5 CQG connection a fast forex data feed?

Sorry if I seem a bit dumb, but I’m really lost.
Thanks!

Currently, I am not aware of Spot FX working over Rithmic, and Optimus Futures only works with exchange-traded products when it comes to Rithmic.
The same applies to CQG, they use Currency Futures over MT5, and we are not using them for Spot FX.

As a retail trader, you do not have the tools to grab latency arbitrage because you need subpar microseconds, which requires serious investment in architecture hosted near the CME server. In addition, due to cost, you will need to at the very minimum to lease a seat on the CME.

Lastly, latency arb is discouraged by spot FX providers, and most likely, they will disable you.
Many see that as a violation of fair pricing and dealing.

My recommendation is to work on a simple method that is not time-based (arb) but has an edge.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Ok, thanks for the information. It has been useful.

2 Likes

i need same help , please tell me the solution you found
i need use fast feed too for arb

Hello @Blue_Sky,

Thank you for joining the Optimus community forum.

Unfortunately, at this time, Rithmic is not compatible with MT5.

We currently only support MT5 for futures trading at the FCM we clear through, StoneX. StoneX has their own MT5 server for futures trading that we support our clients with.

Thanks for your understanding,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support