Micro Futures on DAX®, EURO STOXX 50®, and SMI® Indices (Eurex)

Hello Community,

I wanted to share that Eurex exchange made an announcement that they will soon release new Micro contracts. they will be equity index derivatives: Micro Futures on the DAX®, EURO STOXX 50®, and SMI® indices.

From Eurex: “Micro Futures on DAX®, EURO STOXX 50®, and SMI® Indices differ from the existing benchmark index futures in terms of contract size only. The value of one index point is 1 euro for Micro Futures on the DAX® and EURO STOXX 50® indices and 1 Swiss franc for Micro Futures on the SMI® index.”

Simulation start: 25 March 2021
Production start: 19 April 2021

I will keep everyone posted as we get more details.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

3 Likes

Below I wanted to mention the size of the contracts for the Micros by Eurex.
However, I also wanted to mention the I Swiss Index will not be available to USA brokerages and US-based traders. The Micro DAX® and Micro EURO STOXX 50® are available to USA-based traders and brokerages.

Micro Futures Contract Micro DAX® Micro EURO STOXX 50® Micro SMI®
Symbol FDXS FSXE FSMS
Contracts Months Traded H M U Z H M U Z H M U Z
Tick Value EUR 1.0 EUR 0.5 CHF 1.0
Minimum Tick 0.5 0.25 1.0
Traded in Currency Euro Euro CHF
Hours Traded 01:10 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. CET 01:10 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. CET 08.00AM to 10 PM CET
Last trading day/Final Settlement Day 3rd Friday of the relevant month at 1PM CET 3rd Friday of the relevant month at 12.00 PM CET 3rd Friday of the relevant month 9.00AM CET
3 Likes

2 questions on the Micro Dax:

1. What is CET time?
  2. What data feed do you use for Micro Dax on?

Mo

1 Like

CET is Central European Time, and now EDT is 6 Hours ahead.

If you are CST then CET is 7 hours ahead
If you are MST then CET is 8 hours ahead
If you are PST the CET is 9 hours ahead

I hope this helps.

You can use the Micro Dax through CQG, TT through all FCMs, and AMP offers it through CQG, TT, and Rithmic.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like