Min. monthly fee for non-professional futures trader

Dear Sir,
I am a non-professional trader (part time trader) and I only trade futures .e.g YM/CL/NQ/ or Gold future) for day trading with Order flow and volume analysis. What is the min. amount i need to pay for such trading style? I realised there is a monthly package USD25 with order flow trading and do i need to subscribe data feed eg. .Rithmic? How much is it? If I use Optimus to trade, will it be cheaper and what is the min funding amount? How about if I only use it for analysis only?
Thank you.

Hello @rapheal.chan.mb,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum.

There are several components and charges that are associated with Order Flow trading for futures on Optimus Flow. To obtain order flow on our platform you must at least subscribe to the professional package which starts at $25/month. Order Flow features are also available in the all-in-one package.

We use Rithmic data on our platform, which starts at $20 per month. In order to access the contracts you mentioned, you need access to these exchanges and need to enable them on your Rithmic account:

• YM = CBOT
  • CL = NYMEX
  • NQ = CME

Each exchange is $10 each for full market depth data. You can also subscribe to the “CME Bundle”, which includes NYMEX, COMEX, CBOT, and CBOT for $30 a month. This essentially comes out to buy four exchanges get one free. For the entire setup, it would cost the following:

Platform (monthly subscription to professional): $25
Rithmic data: $20
Exchange data: 30
Total: $75/month

Optimus Futures has an account minimum of $500 USD. If you wish to use our platform for analysis only, you are more than welcome to purchase the platform outright, but you will need a Rithmic account in order to access data. We can faciliate and provide you with Rithmic data through the opening of a live account.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

(800) 771-6748

Disclaimer: Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. The placement of contingent orders by you or broker, or trading advisor, such as a “stop-loss” or “stop-limit” order, will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts, since market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. The high degree of leverage that is often obtainable in commodity interest trading can work against you as well as for you. The use of leverage can lead to large losses as well as gains.

Hi Jake,
Thank you for your prompt reply. What is the difference if i open a live (fund) account at Optimus? What is the min. balance? Can I simply open an account without datafeed and trade orderflows (e.g. volume analysis, cluster, power trades…) Is there any additional cost for order flow trading with a live funded account? Do I still need to pay a monthly subscription fee with a live funded account?

Thank you
Rapheal

HI @rapheal.chan.mb,

Opening an account through Optimus Futures would make us your dedicated futures broker. Our account minimum starts at $500 USD.

• To answer your question above, no. Your account needs to be put on a data feed for you to connect to the platform of your choice and also route your orders. No datafeed = no execution.
  • The only additional cost for order flow analysis via Optimus Flow is your subscription to the professional or all-in-on package of Optimus Flow.
  • Yes you do.

I hope this clears things up and don’t hesitate to ask if you have additional questions!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

(800) 771-6748

Disclaimer: Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. The placement of contingent orders by you or broker, or trading advisor, such as a “stop-loss” or “stop-limit” order, will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts, since market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. The high degree of leverage that is often obtainable in commodity interest trading can work against you as well as for you. The use of leverage can lead to large losses as well as gains.

Thank you for your prompt reply again.
In summary, there is no difference between a live account or ‘demo’ account for order flow trading since I still need to pay the monthly subscription and monthly datafeed fee, total USD75. Is it correct?
Or If I open a live fund account (500), I only need to pay USD25 for monthly subscription.
Regards,
Rapheal

1 Like

Hi @rapheal.chan.mb,

A demo account is absolutely free for both data and order flow features. Please keep in mind your demo will expires after 30 days, once it does and if you wish to proceed, you will need to go live and purchase a license of the platform to access order flow features.

The difference is the $75 you would be paying for the platform, data feed, and CME exchange data.

Even after you open a live account, you are still required to pay for a platform license, data feed, and exchange data no matter which combination of platform and data you choose for order flow technical analysis and trading.

The $25 subscription for Optimus Flow only covers the platform fee itself, this charge does not provide order routing execution or data.

Let me know if that makes sense.
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

(800) 771-6748

Hi again,
In this case, I would say there is no difference as USD75 is a fixed fee no matter I open a live account at Optimus. However, some broker has “non-professional” data fee cost only USD4 per market. Hence, if I want to make use to Orderflows trading style, USD75 is the minimum payment per month.
Regards,
Thank you

Hello @rapheal.chan.mb,

The $30 exchange data I was referring to above is for non-professional users. $30 is for the Non-Professional CME Bundle.

I believe the $4 you are referring to is TOB - Top of Book data, which does not include market depth data. I believe market depth data is crucial for order flow technical analysis, but if you need to save money on your overall monthly cost, you can do so by opting into top of book data.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Jake
Optimus Futures :optimus_logo_no_backroug: