MT5 and trading performance

Hi,

What is the best way to verify trading results for MT5?

I understand MyFXBook would be optimised for MT4 - is this also true for MT5? I have struggled to connect my MT5 to MyFXBook.

Thanks,

Jubael

1 Like

Hello @jubael_haque As far as we know, MyFXBook works with spot FX products, and not with Futures contracts. This is why in our opinion you could not connect.

If you are looking for a tool that gives you an objective view and analysis of trading, we recommend EdgeWonk. https://edgewonk.com/ at this point, it does require you manually placing the trades, but over time you will start getting an objective picture of your performance.

We hope this helps.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

2 Likes

Hello Matt,
It looks like Edgewonk is a great trade journal solution.
Is there an easy way to import trades from Gain futures?
I have attempted to export report from gain account as xls, csv /import to Edgewonk and it didnt seem to work. I am sure I am missing something here. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jerry

2 Likes

Yes, indeed, it is a great tool. As far as we know, there is a way to import it. As far as I know one of our guys @Project11 did it, but I am not sure whether he imported it or did it manually. I hope he responds when he has has a minute. We will talk to EW as well.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

@Mod-MattZ, @frostjay1,
I started playing with edgewonk as well and I also found some importing challenge from gain statements to EW.
I will try again this week and hopefully we can figure this out as it is a great tool.
Would love to use its functions.

Best Regards,

• P11
1 Like