New CME Market Data Fees - Multiple Devices

Hoping you can clarify how the new data feed charges will apply to someone using both Sierra Charts and CQG Desktop (I’m currently signed up for the CME bundle). CQG doesn’t allow multiple login instances so I can only be logged into one platform at a time. Would I be paying for 2 devices moving forward ($60/month), or because these aren’t concurrent logins would this remain a single charge ($30/month)?

To the best of my understanding is that the CME would be charging per every device you use, whether you use them concurrently them or not. However, I will reach out to CQG and will inform you whether this is the stance they take with the new CME regulations.

As far as I know, CQG also added $1 to the $10, so it’s $11 per exchange (per AMP site).

You should read this to help you with the market data fees:

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Thanks Matt, my interpretation was the opposite and as per the blog post below I thought that it only mattered if concurrent data feeds were being used.

Will be very interested to hear CQG’s stance on this.

1 Like

I read the article, and I agree with Peter on the fact that if you have more than 3 connection you will be considered a Professional. However, I can not support the stance of " * It is unclear how the CME will know if you have more than 2 connections. If you connect to a single Rithmic account 3 times, then of course they will know. If you connect to 1 Rithmic based account, 1 CQG based account and 1 Interactive brokers based account, it’s unclear how they could ever know you were connected simultaneously."

In my opinion, Customers, Brokers, and FCMs need to implement the new rules and not ask the question of how supervision is done through the CME.

Second, I see that he used MT5 was used as an example with Rithmic and IQ Feed, and I need to find out about that as well. Jigsaw did say it’s just as an example, but again, as far as I know, MT5 does not connect to Rithmic or IQ Feed.

"Instead of connecting each trading app to Rithmic, they connect to Rithmic’s RTrader Pro. It’s like a bridge."

Rithmic did implement this. We will start a thread about that shortly, possibly today (specifically Rithmic R Trader as an APP via R Trader)

Yes, I will find out about CQG connections and get back to you after I get the answer from them directly.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Thank you for your patience.

Here is what I concluded(in essence, it is my opinion): If you are using Sierra Chart with CQG credentials and then you wish to switch to CQG Desktop (Moblie Solution), Sierrachart CQG connection should drop automatically. That way, you are just logged to one device and incur one set of data charges.

Therefore, it is really important that you make sure you log out of one device, not just close before you log into another device.

I hope this helps.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Thanks Matt, appreciate the response. I’ll ensure that I update my process accordingly.

For your information (if you haven’t already seen it) and anyone else interested, Peter amended his blog post to clarify after a request from the CME:

1 Like

Hi @felix
No need to apologize, threads are to be shared, and technical questions are welcome.

The CQG connection for Sierrchart and MT5 should work the exact same way as above. For example, if you wish to log into MT5 mobile while you are on Sierra, you should be logged out of Sierra, and only the MT5 connection would work. That way, you have only one connection. This would work the other way around as well if you want to jump from Sierra Chart to MT5. Again, this would be one connection as far as CME data is concerned.

Ask away if you have more questions!

Mat Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

I can tell you that with both Tradestation and TT if you try and log into the mobile app while already logged in on the desktop or web, it will disconnect the other connection first. I know this is different to two different platforms connecting to one data feed but I think CME have been very clear that it is intended to be per user per device.

2 Likes

@Digital_Jester

Thanks for your feedback.

For the most part, the majority of the platforms/data feeds we offer and support here at Optimus Futures have been structured this way for quite some time.

If you needed a concurrent login in the past outside of Rithmic, you need to pay for an additional login and entirely different set of credentials. Rithmic was essentially the only exception to this, but as you can now see, the CME and their regulations have now caught up to Rithmic putting them in the same situation. For most data feeds, if you want to login concurrently, you need to pay for two separate logins.

Fortunately, Rithmic has provided an alternative to this and you can now use R Trader Pro as a “plug-in” to route market data to multiple platforms within the same computer as we mention in this video:

Rithmic also has a couple of configurable fields on the backend that allow brokers to enable concurrent logins if needed. So in the event concurrent logins are actually needed and requested, we have the capability of enabling concurrent logins without the need for an additional set of credentials.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope this provides some quality insight on the situation!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

I assume this example would apply if you use TradeStation and TT under TS as an FCM.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures