Open P&L (ticks) ignoring contract quantity

Is it possible to see the tick value on the Open P&L value in ticks or points to see it as if I were trading only one contract?

For example: I’m Long on 2800 in the ES with 4 contracts.

If price moves to 2802, the Open P&L value in ticks will show 32. Is it possible to setup R-Trader to see 8 ticks on P&L value?

1 Like

Hello @HedgeHound,

I wanted to firstly thank you for your patience while waiting for a response from us and I also wanted to thank you for your question. Welcome to the community forum!

Yes, you can see tick value and points value in regards to Open P&L on R Trader or R Trader Pro!

Please take a look at the DOM below and let me know if this is what you were looking for:

Simply just click on the P&L “field” or column on the R Trader order book to reconfigure how your PL is displayed. You can display in ticks, points, currency, Total P&L, and more.

I hope this is what you were looking for! If I misunderstood your question, is it possible for you to rephrase it or provide a screenshot example?

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I’ll rephrase my question in regard to your image… There you’ve gone long in 2545.75, the price is currently at 2548.00, so the price moved 9 ticks, not 36… It is showing you 36 ticks because you have 4 contracts… I would like it to show 9 ticks in the “Open P&L”. I’m using R Trader Pro.

1 Like

Hi @HedgeHound,

Thanks for clarifying!

As far as I know, there is not a way to display ticks while ignoring contract quantity. I’ve tried configuring with it a bit and it seems like it multiplies your ticks x contract size no matter the situation.

I would like to think there is some sort of configuration or customization for this setting though, so let me play around with it a bit more and I will also try to reach out to Rithmic about this to see if we can come up with a solution for you!

Thanks for your time,
Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Just adding my 2 cents…

P&L needs to show Profit and Loss. 9 Ticks would represent the points market moved from your entry, but it is not your P&L. I see this as an added feature such as “Points Moved from Entry” or something similar, but the P&L should include your total loss or profit whether in ticks, points or dollars.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Hi guys, It would be great to get a solution for that, I keep looking forward to it! And thanks in advance!

2 Likes