Order limit of CQG

Hello Sir, I currently have a futures account with CQG+Multicharts. The problem is CQG limit the order rate at 10 orders(limit+stop+market) per second. My trading size are above this limit, then often accidentally get rejected and suffer unexpected loss. Can you help me figure a package with higher order rate limit? If yes, I would be glad to move my trading to your offer. Thank you.

Hi @flydragon95, and welcome to the Optimus community.
This is an interesting problem, and I would like to identify whether it is a Size(risk management) problem or a Time issue (Latency, placing multiple orders in a certain time frame).

If you do not mind, I have a few questions:
Are these order entries at multiple levels, or do they all at the same price? How many price points do you have?

It may take a few questions to diagnose the issue and then offer a solution.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Hi Matt,
Orders can be a summation of stop, limit and market order, at different price levels and different symbols.
As long as the total quantity of orders larger than the limitation within 1 sec, which is by default set by FCM and CQG, all will be rejected.
Some FCM set the limitation as 10 orders/sec or 30 orders/sec.
If the limitation Optimus could offer is 30 orders/sec or more, then it would be highly appreciated.
Please kindly help consult with FCM, I would be glad to provide more detail if needed.
Thank you!

That’s a good question. I’ll check with our FCMs to see if this limit exists for risk management reasons—they might need sufficient time to calculate all margins quickly. In some cases, Limit orders could add to margins. I will try to get back to you shortly.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

I spoke to one of our FCMs, and it seemed that 10 orders per second are the default rate for CQG. It seems that it is the default that most FCMs use. In order to change that, we need to discuss your account specifically. I will reach you via email.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures