Performance laptop specs

Hi,

I usually run OptimusFlow on my monster desktop but I have a need to be mobile for a week. Can you give me an idea how much OptimusFlow will need in terms of resources hopefully without the cpu fan running full blast.

Thanks for any tips

1 Like

Hello @Kickinit,

Thanks for your question! At this time, Rithmic is not supported on any mobile apps.

That being said, we do have our web-based trading platform, Optimus Trader: https://trade.optimusfutures.com/, that you are more than welcome to use as a backup to Optimus Flow. Optimus Trader is also free to all funded clients of Optimus Futures. Please keep in mind that this is a web-based platform and although it is not optimized for Mobile or does not have a native mobile application, it can be pulled up on a mobile phone to monitor your trading account and execute positions if needed.

You can also use Optimus Trader on your backup computer/laptop if you need something a bit more resourceful and less strenuous on your PC.

That being said, if you plan on using Optimus Flow on your secondary PC, these are the minimum specs we recommend:

• Windows 10

• .NET Framework v.4.7.2

• Available disk space — 1 GB (depends on the volume of loaded history)

• The hardware requirements for Optimus Flow depends upon what you are doing with it. Most desktop systems can run Optimus Flow without any difficulty for basic, non-intensive features such as the DOM or your basic chart.

• The following hardware specifications, are very much recommended for a fast system: 16 GB RAM, minimum of 4 core CPU, and a SSD (solid-state drive).

I hope you find this helpful! Let us know if you need any assistance getting Optimus Flow or Optimus Trader configured on your backup computer!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

3 Likes

I prefer to run the trading software on a remote server, and remote desktop to it. That way the local laptop is always cool as no processing is done locally. I find lots of other advantages running that way as well, e.g. running the charting software in a data centre instead of locally means charts update more quickly.

If you’re just away for a short time, you can look at a cloud service like AWS or Azure, you only pay for the time the server is on. If you decide to make this a permanent way of working, then it will likely be cheaper to get a dedicated server from a VPS provider.

3 Likes

Great ideas. Thanks!

1 Like