Placing test trade with Sample API app / R|Trader test account

I have started integrating the R|API+ and I have a few questions regarding how to place test orders (using the test account credentials provided to me). I have been following the API sample code to place and order and I am seeing the following error message when trying to buy a Market Order for 1 contract of ESM9:

“Order price is outside bands 'Bid of 278700.00 violates High Band 278300.00 using Delta .00, CrvBnd equals 277700.00."

If I try to place a trade from the R|Trader+ software, I am getting a rejected error message. I am logging into the System: Rithmic Test / Gateway: Orangeburg (the only option). I also try and place a Market Order for ESM9 and see the same error shown above.

I had tried to place the initial trades last night (9 PM PST) and received the failures. I just tried to place a trade now in R|Trader+ and saw it filled. Is there a time restriction to be able to place test trades?

1 Like

Hi @e.mattson,

Thank you for your question.

We are currently reaching out to the Rithmic support team for an answer to this matter.

Thanks for your patience,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

@e.mattson

Although we typically like all issues resolved directly on the forum, Rithmic has requested that you send an email to: rapi@rithmic.com with the issue you are currently experiencing. This is a very specific and sensitive issue that Rithmic would like to address with you privately.

Thanks for your patience,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

Thanks for following up, Jake. I will get an email out to them.

2 Likes