Platform for Renko Charts

I have currently tried Tradingview intensively and it’s already quite good, however my strategy highly relies on a proper implementation of Renko charts in a scalping environment. Tradingview strangely combines Renko with timeframes, which is not a true Renko per definition. Furthermore there are no options to adjust the Renko brick size by percentage points.

Can someone recommend me a platform for my needs?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @Steamed,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Optimus Community!

Based off of the features you requested, it seems that Sierra Chart might best suite your needs. We offer quite a few different platforms that include Renko Charts, but Sierra Chart offers a vast amount of customization options.

Sierra Chart provides traders with the ability to set their Renko Charts based off of tick value, rather than traditional time frames. Also, the platform allows users to specify the number of tickers per Renko bar, this is known as the bar size. Each 1 tick is equivalent to the tick size, therefore, if the tick size is .25 and you specify 4 ticks, then this is equivalent to 1.0 as an actual value (This will mean that each Renko bar body will have a length of 1.0).

Sierra Chart is packed full of customizable features. Although it has a bit of a learning curve, once mastered, it proves to be quite a powerful platform.

I’d suggest taking a look at this documentation directly from the Sierra Chart support team, you might find it quite helpful and it may clear up some questions you may have about the software’s Renko Bar Charts feature: Renko Bar Charts - Sierra Chart

If you’re interested, you can try a free demo by signing up through our Website. You can find the sign up page for the Sierra Chart demo here: Sierra Chart Free Demo | Teton Order Routing | Optimus Futures

Let me know what you think of Sierra Chart!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

2 Likes

Thank you Jake for the detailed answer!

I actually tried Sierra Chart already. You are right, features are plenty but the learning curve is steep indeed. I will see if it ultimately meets my needs.

I think Tradingview is still an amazing platform and I really got used to it for charting.

@Steamed

Both platforms are great! They each fill their own niche when it comes to futures trading platforms.

It ultimately depends on what you need going forward. Do you need one platform that you can use to trade on your mobile device or web browser? Or do you prefer a downloadable program that is essentially 100% customizable, yet a bit harder to learn.

At the end of the day both platforms are excellent, it truly comes down to which platform you are most comfortable with.

If you have any questions on both of these platforms, don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. If you’re still looking for a perfect match, feel free to take a look at the other platforms we offer: Futures Trading Platforms & Software | Optimus Futures

Thanks for your post,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

2 Likes

The easiest platform to learn is Atas. Little known but powerful. Check them out for 14 free days. Optimus Futures | ATAS Order Flow their Renko charts are the best i have seen. They are actually price-based and MOVE in REAL TIME as price fluctuations occur. Most platforms out there show you price ONLY when a Renko brick is complete… you font see how it happens. At atas its live and very good for scalping

@Alternative_Income Thank you for our recommendation. We do not allow affiliate links. Your links were replaced with our internal link. Please refrain in the future from promoting in such a way. You are more than welcome to participate in a way that adds to the community’s knowledge.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures