Price Difference Among Different FCMs?

Hi,

I am using currently ibroker platform from FCM Gain. I also tried a demo version (with real time data) of CQG platform from FCM Wedbush. One shows 1203.5 and the other 1203.7 as the highest price for Gold December contract on the same hourly bar. How is it possible they can show different prices on the same hourly bar ?

The issue is here is not different FCMs rather the price difference that exists between the data feeds. Sadly, this is not an uncommon occurrence where you could find such differences periodically. Each data feed has its way to disseminate data from the exchange, and because of that, you may see such differences. Also, some data feeds fix such issues when they occur and adjust the data feed to reflect what the exchange has provided. We are more than happy to see what was the right price if you provide us with the time and data of the hourly bar. We can check with the exchange as well. We will reach out to you to get all the necessary details.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply. The difference was at 8am GMT bar. I realized the difference at 8:45 am. Gain ibroker corrected itself in the next hourly bar. Btw both platforms (Wedbush CQG and Gain ibroker) use CQG as the datafeed. The contract was the same (Gold December Contract). If they use the same data feed and the same exchange, I still do not get it. Why is there a difference in prices ?

If you are using CQG on both, then we assume that one is a demo server and one is a production server. We think that may cause an issue as well. We have seen that before where demos and production have once in a while a difference. Also, the application itself maybe processing data in a certain way and that could cause an issue. However, if your platform has corrected the data, it means that they found the snag. We do not see such data discrepancies frequently.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

OK I see. The funny thing is that the production server was wrong and the demo one right. Thank you very much for your time and response.

That is very odd. If this is material for your trading, we understand the concern.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures