R-Trader and R-Trader Pro Platforms

Hello Optimus, what is the difference between R-Trader and R-Trader Professional.
I am currently using CQG but have no charts, would R-Trader provide charts at no additional cost?

The R-Trader Professional (PRO) is $25 and it includes chart, the ability to trade from the chart and implement technical studies of your choice. R-Trader (not pro) does not include charts but maintains all the other features that R-Trader Pro has.
For your convenience I have included an image of the charting that R-Trader has.

Matt

Matt, thank you for very fast reply. I have another question: what features do you happen to like on R-Trader which are better than the current CQG Trader that I use.

Alan, I prefer not to compare CQG (which happens to be a good platform)
and R-Trader and instead focus on the features that are necessary for you as a trader.

To answer your question: R-Trader has a feature if time based execution that allows you to place your orders in a specific time.
Also, they have drip orders which allow you to execute large order while specifying time of execution in increments like one lot per second. these are rather advanced orders that I happen to appreciate.

My suggestion for you is to refocus your efforts on the chart based platforms that you were seeking and R-Trader Pro is a good solution for that. We have written a bit about R-Trader pro on R|Trader Pro « Futures Trading Blog for Independent Self-Directed Traders and System Traders

Matt

Again, thank you for responding so fast which is rare in your business.
One last question; Where could I get a demo for the R-Trader pro?

No worries, you can ask as many questions as you want.
To get a demo please go to: R Trader Pro

Make sure you get the Pro download.

Hi Alan

as a trader is about to select a trading tool - to my opinion he should first prepare a list of requirements which are the most
important capabilities for trading

the trading platform designer needs to fulfill a wide feature list so many traders will select his trading platform to be used. however, each of us (the traders) have our own preferences (professional ones, of convinience ones)

as a trader i recommend to go thru the user manuals of both products and get a high level understanding of the available functionality and above that i would recommend to refer the following highest importanace issues:

• ease of operation
  • performance efficiency
  • of quality data feed
  • trading tools set
  • access to wide list of instruments of the kind you trade
  • availability of user manual and active support backup
  • does it support BRACKET orders (i recommend to avois using a platform that do not support bracket orders)

and the most important issue (to my understaing) is whether the software tool holds the capability
to cooperate w/ the FCM (Futures Clearing Mercantile) server.

let me describe/explain

• assume your trading software issues a BRACKET order
  • “someone” needs to track the event of whether SL (Stop Loss) or TP (Take Profit) got filled
    as the 2 orders are OCO orders (Once Cancels Other) … and if one of them is filled then the other one MUST be canceled
    … right ?
  • general charting software platforms will track this event by themselves
  • DOM trading platforms will send the request to the FCM server to track this event
  • is there any need to explain why it os of preference why it is musch beeter that FCM server will track this event (DOM
    platform) over the other option that yr trading satation will do this work (usually a charting software)
    as FCM server is a much more “strong” computer in terms of execution, redundancy, very facst communication interfaces,
    AND is located very near to the exchagne

I think that a trader that refers his trading activity in a serious manner MUST consider the above issues before selcting his/her trading platform.

i’m sure that Optimus will assist you in verifying the information you need (as uaual Matt is a great w/ any issued service request)

hope the above assits you

Shuky P