R-Trader and Windows 10 April 2018 Update

I use the R-Trader DOM application to place trades through AMP trading. Starting in May, the R-Trader platform started unexpectedly shutting down. I went through several iterations of working with the AMP technical support as well as Linn Software, since I use Investor/RT for charting and to display trade positions on the charts.
The R-Trader application closes with no warning, and does so multiple times per day. I can login again successfully, but sometimes miss trades because the application has shut down.
Today I contacted R-Trader support to see if they might have a fix, and found out the following: with an update of Windows 10 April 2018 Version 1803 there is a possibility that R-Trader will exhibit the problem I described above. They said that multiple clients are experiencing the problem.
The only fix recommended by R-Trader support is that Windows 10 can be rolled back to the version previous to 1803. They provided this link:

This explains how to accomplish the rollback of the OS. They say that they are working on the issue, but that it is a problem with Microsoft, and that there might not be a fix until the new version of Windows is released.

For now, I have switched to another DOM platform to place trades with Optimus and AMP Clearing until a fix is announced by Rithmic support. If anyone else has this problem and knows of alternative fixes, please let us know. If you have not reported the problem to Rithmic support, it might be good to do that so they can get an accurate view of how many traders are affected.
Thank you.

1 Like

@Galluponover We thank you very much for putting up such valuable information.
We will definitely report this to Rithmic and once they trace the issue, we will make best efforts to update the Optimus community.

if you do not mind sharing, which other DOM have you started using? Maybe we can offer additional solutions.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your input.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures Support

Today I downloaded the free MultiCharts Special Edition offered by AMP. Since I’m pleased with Investor/RT, I plan to use only the DOM from MultiCharts for placing trades.

1 Like

This is what we thought. They do have a great DOM with build in strategies and good interface design. Videos 21 to 24 show the DOM capabilities. We thought this may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56foV0xkwAs&list=PLOGjoJXp0cmpmMocRqyFUABE8mVAVb5sO&index=21

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures