R-Trader Excel Automation

How do I make the the bid/ask automated scalping strategy trade only one position at a time. 1 buy/1 sell,1buy/1sell instead of multiple trades in a row without one trade completing?

1 Like

@Thomas_Butler

The 2nd sheet of the linked Excel spreadsheet is used to placed orders. Start by typing the order. The status column indicates how to proceed.

Columns O and P can be used to control placing orders using various conditions (or VBA):

• Here the order is placed when the value of cell E13 in the first sheet equals 2564.5 (when the Best Bid of ES = 2564.5).

• Here an additional check is done to make sure only one order is sent (The last order number, cell R2, should be empty for an ‘Yes’ value).

3rd sheet:
Contains all the available columns of the parent window including the hidden columns. R | Trader Pro streams the data into this sheet. Putting data or formulas in this sheet may not persist and is not recommended.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions related to automated trading using Microsoft Excel on R Trader.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support
(800) 771-6748

1 Like

Automated but one trade at a time. When one trade finishes another one opens.

@Thomas_Butler

As far as I am aware, you will just need to change the QTY field to 1 and make sure the Enable Placing Order field is enabled to yes.

Thanks for your question,
Jake
Optimus Futures SUpport

1 Like

I did do that. It just fires off hundreds of orders as I had mentioned One right after another

1 Like