R Trader Pro - Account Templates

Hi everyone, I was searching for this question but I could not find it, sorry if it’s a double.

Let’s say I have 2 accounts in 1 Rithmic user: Account X and Account Z
I set up an ‘Account Template’ (which includes Account X and Account Z) in R Trade Pro.
I place a trade on Account X with an automatic stop loss and profit target.

• Will the SL and the PT duplicate on Account Z?
  • If I place the trade on Account X through a third party app (I use ATAS Trading), will it still duplicate in Rithmic?

Thank you!

1 Like

You may get one set of account credentials (username and password) for two separate accounts under your ownership. Still, you need to choose the account you execute under from the dropdown menu, and the template you chose would apply to that account. It will not automatically apply to any other account under the same username and password.

You would have to execute separately in that account.

Whatever account you execute in, it would show in your other platform that uses Rithmic under the executed account.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

2 Likes

Hi @xavi ,

Welcome to the Optimus community forum and thanks for your question!

Just following up on Matt’s response, the only thing I would like to add is that I do not believe Rithmic’s account template feature works across multiple platforms - to my knowledge. This feature as far as I understand is strictly for use on R Trader or R Trader Pro.

If you are looking for something that can execute trades across multiple accounts and platforms simultaneously, Rithmic does have the option to configure a “leader/follower” program. This essentially allows a user to produce signals for their trades and have other users (followers) opt into those signals and take the same trades.

This configuration must be done by a broker and is not handled on front-end platforms like R Trader.

If this is something you are interested in please let us know.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Hi guys,

Thank you for your replies, I think I’m not explaining well what I want to do :grin:
I’ll try it when I have the chance and let you know.

PS: thanks for that info Jake, I’ll ask to my broker if this can be done with them.

Thanks!

1 Like