Re: R Trader Pro - Excel Spreadsheet Trading

I was wondering if you guys know and/or could recommend a decent online
community/portal of Excel and VBA specialized traders/programmers so that one could
ask some Excel code related questions.
It would be helpful in creating building blocks of a semi-automated or fully automated
Excel based logic to be used with R Trader Pro 's Excel Auto trading functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

• P11
1 Like

I don’t think that you will find a specific forum for Excel Spreadsheet traders. Most of those guys hang out on a variety of quant trading forums, and they could be quite helpful. However, I have to “warn” you that many of them work with the API directly, and not familiar with many of the retail Futures trading platforms.

Do you think that it would be a good idea to add a section called Excel Futures Trading? You can ask the Excel Spreadsheet questions, and we will make the best efforts to gain contact with the Excel traders at Optimus Futures. Let me know if it’s a good idea?

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Matt,
I would imagine that setting up an Excel Futures Trading area on the forum could be useful and
hopefully other excel driven traders could join and contribute.

Clearly excel functionality has been added to many trading platforms such as CQG, Rithmic etc…

Thanks!

• P11
1 Like

I will talk to Jake and we will get the Excel Trading topic going.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

@Project11

You can now find our new Excel Based Trading forum category here: Excel Based Trading - Optimus Futures Trading Community.

Feel free to post any new questions, comments, or concerns you have related to Excel trading in this category. We’d love to establish a user base of traders that utilize their methods and strategies around Microsoft Excel that could provide each other with insightful information whenever help is needed.

Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to the growth of this new subcategory with your help!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

I am looking forward to it.
Thanks,

Regards,

• P11
1 Like