Risk parameters set by trader

hello,

does conditions set by the trader in risk parameters stay active when r/trader pro platform is shutdown or disconected ?

exemple: criteria set to auto-liquidate at 500$ max loss or at 03:00pm ,I opened a position ,then shutdown r trader pro
does all positions will be auto-liquidate if i’m not connected to r trader pro ?

thanks

Hello @mask_fun ,

To my knowledge, Rithmic no longer allows users to set their own risk parameters, it must be set by your broker.

As far as risk parameters set by brokers, yes, they still stay active even when the platform is shutdown or disconnected. These parameters are held on the server side.

Something to also consider is using the R Trader order screen for release/cancel orders. We also have a similar feature on Optimus Flow called scheduled orders.

This would allow the users to specify a date/time for when orders are either released or cancelled by the system. In your case, you can essentially manage your own order by configuring a release or cancellation request for 3:00pm. These orders remain on the server as well.

You can see these options in the image below:

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Does all criteria set in risk parameter set by trader stay active even if the R trader platform is shutdown or disconnected?( see screenshots, screenshots take from a youtube video)

video:

thanks

Hello @mask_fun,

We spoke to Rithmic today about this feature and they confirmed that any changes made here are server side, so they do stay in effect when the platform is not running or in case of disconnections.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

Thank for the answer ,
I didn’t find documentation on this feature in Rtrader’s guide or elsewere.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

We contacted Rithmic directly for an answer and explanation.

1 Like

I signed up specifically to post a question about “risk parameters” in R Trader, and I see this is the most recent post. Lucky synchronicity. This post answered most of my questions.

However, I have some more:

1. We really need documentation explaining all the features with the risk parameter settings. The available settings look to be the same as for the introducing broker. Therefore, I assume is documentation somewhere but I can’t find it.
  2. Does the “no trading” time only prevent orders being placed during that time or will open positions be liquidated when the “no trading” time occurs?
  3. In the bottom right of R Trader, it shows current time zone. Is this the timezone that will be used for all time-based risk parameters? I assume so.
  4. Is the loss limit criterion a daily loss limit in terms of dollars? I assume so.
  5. When the option “Disable on Auto Liquidate” is enabled, is trading automatically re-enabled the next trading day or does the trader have to contact the IB who then contacts the FCM? Who can re-enable trading once disabled by this user option?
  6. What’s the difference between “Trailing Min Account Balance” and “Limited Trailing Min Account Balance”?

I think these can be answered with a user manual / documentation. But I can’t find one for a recent version of R Trader or R Trader Pro.

2 Likes

Hi Guys, I’ll ask @Mod-JakeM to answer these questions above, but in the meantime @MrZelensky and @mask_fun could you take a look at this question Risk Parameters Controlled by Self Directed Futures Traders and please provide elaborate answer to this.
I am very interested in your feedback.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Hi @MrZelensky,

Thank you very much for your patience while waiting for answers. We reached out to Rithmic about your questions and they provided us with the responses below. At this time I do not believe there is any documentation for this feature, but we have asked Rithmic and if they are able to provide us with some, we will follow up on this post.

1. Any fields in red or blue are pre-trade risk management. This means that the system will only allow trades which flatten positions, but does not flatten them automatically.
  2. All times in R | Trader Pro are based in the user’s local time-zone.
  3. The loss limit is based on whichever currency the account is set up for; generally U.S. dollars.
  4. The account must be reset by the IB or FCM.
  5. Limited Trailing Minimum Account Balance sets a value (Max Min Account Balance) which the trailing auto liquidation threshold will not surpass. In Trailing Minimum Account Balance, the trailing auto liquidation threshold will trail the account by a set value forever.

We hope this helps!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

hello, I’m having an issue with rhythmic that has kept me frozen and unable to trade my funded account for four days since last Sunday or since this previous Sunday. I use the risk parameters set by the trader’s settings to set my daily risk late Friday while trading I tighten these up as I was trading into the close. so at the time being I have almost my complete amount of drawdown available but my risk parameter set by Trader are set just $60.00 below my current balance every time I try to change or remove I get an error message that states.
I just keep getting the same response from the funding company that says they’re waiting on rhythmic and rhythmic has not responded yet I have tried reaching out to rhythmic unable to contact anybody If there are any answers or solutions to this issue that would allow me to even just remove the altogether and leave it without using it to manage daily risk I would be very grateful!!. I only use it for catastrophic reasons like power outages or Internet loss type idea So it hardly gets used very often it is a nice feature but I would rather just have my account back and able to trade

1 Like

Hello @TaurusTrader1982,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community forum.

I see you mentioned that you are using a funded account and have already reached out to them, but I would ultimately suggest that you wait for them to hear back from Rithmic. I am not personally familiar with this error message, so ultimately waiting for a response from Rithmic is the best course of action, in my opinion, if your funding company is not familiar with this message either.

Have you attempted to re-enable your auto-liquidate field? (I see its disabled in your image) Once enabled, then try to customize the risk settings within this window or try to delete them - you may need to re-enable this feature before you can customize or remove the various settings.

Unfortunately, I do not have much more input here. Typically these risk management settings are customized and then unlocked by the broker if a customer has hit their auto-liquidation criteria. This may be something that can only be unlocked by your funding company at this point if you are unable to customize or remove any of these criterias.

Thanks again for your post,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

thank you so much for this and for reaching out to them The issue after not being addressed for a week was resolved shortly after I wanna think that you had something to do with this And I appreciate it very much Thank you And have a wonderful weekend !!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

You as well!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support