Rithmic API C# integration for a trading system developed in java

I switched to OptimusFutures recently and completed integration with R-API Plus .NET/C# API, thought of sharing my experiences that could be useful for others.

MattZ was very helpful in getting access to Rithmic API immediately with accounts on Rithmic Test and Live Trading platforms. I received API documentation and sample code from Rithmic. API itself is very well designed and well documented. Sample code provided with documentation is fully working examples for both market data and placing orders, they can help you get started right away. Other products with similar API access provide synchronous/real-time response for order placement but we have to keep checking over and over when there is action on resting orders like limit and stop orders. But with Rithmic, their callback mechanism calls our code in real-time when there is action on resting orders. We don’t have to fry our cpu for hours trying check the status of resting orders once every 500 milliseconds.

1 Like

My trading system is developed in java and I don’t have much experience with writing code in C#.
But it was very easy to integrate my java based system with Rithmic API.

I searched around a bit and found this Simple HTTP Server written in C#: Simple HTTP Server in C# - CodeProject

It took me just a few minutes to integrate this simple http server with sample code provided by Rithmic, create a bridge program that can accept order over TCP/IP port. Now my java based trading system can call TCP port and place orders with Rithmic. You can cleanup simple http server code to get rid of http protocol to make every order just one line transaction, instead of following rules of http protocol. It comes with mutli-threading as well. I am planning to open a similar TCP/IP port listener in my java based system so that callback methods from the bridge program will notify me in real-time.

As you can see, you can use this bridge mechanism to integrate your system with Rithmic API very easily, no matter in which language your system is developed.

1 Like

@FreeToChoose thank you for your contrinution and sharing your experience. We always learn from our customer’s expertise. For example, we are glad to know that Rithmic could integrate with Java as well. We had a lot of requests for that before. As far as we know, Rithmic also has something called R Protocol that can work across a multitude of languages and can integrate with Web-APIs as well.

Are you going to follow the trades on R Trader as well as they are sent to the market?

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

how much is the Rithmic API for .NET?

Hi @ycomp,

Thanks for your question!

Rithmic’s direct API has a $100 per month minimum charge and carries a .10 per side order routing fee.

Let us know if you have additional questions!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

2 Likes

does this $100/month need to paid during development as well?

1 Like

If you are using real time data, have a the ability to execute (production), then yes you have to pay.
We suggest using delayed data until you are ready to execute.
You do have 30 days of real time data in demo you can use.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

2 Likes

what API is the the one I should use? R| API? R|API+? Diamond? something else? I couldn’t find one called “direct API”

I’m most interested in ease of use and the ability to read and place orders with .NET

You can request the .NET API. It is the R|API +. You dont need the the Diamond IMO. It’s for super low latency execution and those who need to host their equipment. It’s a bit pricier than your typical API, and could run a few thousand dollars.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Hy, I’m having some difficulties, I don’t understand very well how the sample code of the Rythmic works, how do I connect to my Rythmic account to show me the data in real time. Can anyone help me with this? I wanted to receive the data in C# and then send it to python, or is there any way to do the entire code in python?

How does the certificate work in Rythmic, I get the certificate in text and I have to convert it to .pk12?
Thank you

Hi @Grimm,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community forum!

In regards to Rithmic API + and coding questions such as the ones you have asked, Rithmic typically prefers to deal with clients directly for cases like this. Being that this involves custom code, one line of wrong code or one wrong suggestion could potentially “break” your entire script.

If any of our users have any suggestions for you, I would encourage them to reply, but I would also encourage you to reach out directly to the Rithmic API team with your questions. You can contact the Rithmic API team for assistance with your code and API integration at: rapi@rithmic.com.

Thank you and best of luck with your API integration!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

I am a software developer and would like to develop a trading platform using Rithmic API? what do I need? How do I proceed?

Send an email request for the API here:
https://yyy3.rithmic.com/?page_id=17

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures