Rithmic Change of Symbols on Mini Gold and Mini Silver

**Notice:**If you are a Rithmic data-feed user, you will need to use the new NYBOT symbol to view quotes and place orders for YI and YG.

1. Their exchange will change from NLX to NYBOT
  2. Their symbol will adopt NYBOT symbology
    Old==> YG0714.NLX (Product code was YG)
    New==> ‘YG FMN0014!.NYBOT’ (Product code is 206)

Since the YG and ZG instruments have now transferred from the Liffe Exchange to the ICE Exchange there are a few changes that NinjaTrader users need to make. We will need to update the symbol mapping and exchange listing for both the YG and ZG instruments.

We can do so by following these steps:

1. Go to Control Center>Tools>Instrument Manager
  2. Search for the ‘YG’ symbol without quotes
  3. Select the ‘YG’ and click ‘Edit’
  4. On right hand side you’ll notice an ‘Exchanges’ list with checkboxes. Please uncheck any selections that are already made and then check ‘Nybot’
  5. In the upper-left hand corner click ‘Misc’
  6. Scroll to the ‘Symbol Map’ section and find both ‘Rithmic’ and ‘Vision Financial Markets’
  7. Here you will see symbols that look like this: YG|NLX
  8. Please remove the |NLX part so that the symbol map is set to only YG for Rithmic and Vision Financial Markets
  9. Click ‘OK’
  10. Click ‘OK’

Please also take note that NinjaTrader is not currently recording data for the new YG ICE contract so you would not receive any backfill data since the migration.

Please let us know if you have any questions about this migration.

I am a new Rithmic data feed user, I use Rithmic Trader Pro, i try to use their charts but find limited functionalities, do i need to use any other program with it or is there any knowledge base about Rithmic Trader Pro charts?

Hello @fremontca,

What do you find limiting about the functionalities of R Trader Pro’s charts?

If you have any particular features in mind, we can guide you through the process of getting you started with those features.

We have our own knowledge base on R Trader that you can refer to: Trading Platform Guides - Help Center

We also have a Youtube playlist on the platform that you can watch: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOGjoJXp0cmpe8YtlkAckzES_GYPRcG2-

Let us know what features you have in mind and we can give you a hand!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

Thank you Jake, it may be my knowlege on this charts. I just wanted to know how to expand/shrink the candles while i am on that chart. Also what will be the Nasdaq Micro Symbol on Rithmic platform?

Hi @fremontca,

Thanks for your patience.

After several attempts, I was also unsuccessful in attempting to “zoom in” or expand/shrink candles while on a R Trader Pro Chart.

By selecting a larger time frame such as daily, for example, the candles tend to become a bit bigger, but this obviously won’t help if you are attempting to view a specific time frame/tick size. I’ve reached out to Rithmic support in regards to this feature. As soon as I receive a response back I will respond to this same thread.

Also, the Micro Nasdaq Symbol on Rithmic is MNQ. If you’d like to open the front month contract, you can manually enter this on a chart by typing MNQ.CME. If you wanted to open the September contract, you could type in MNQU9.CME. You also have the option of searching through the Add Symbol window. If enabled on your account, you’ll find the MNQ listed under CME data as shown in the image below:

Thanks for your question. Keep an eye out on this thread for Rithmic’s response!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

@fremontca

According to Rithmic’s support, you can change the number of bars displayed on a chart. The default will be set to 480, but you’ll notice, as you increase this number you can essentially zoom in or expand/shrink these candles depending on the number you enter as shown in the screenshot below:

I hope you find this helpful!
Let us know if you have further questions,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug: